Drafting straetegies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drafting straetegies

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed May 17, 2006 1:59 am

i got carson palmer in the ninth last season...always look for good qb's in later rounds...this season=kitna (im pretty sure he'll be the starter) in an offense run by martz w/ those wr's (i think they'll step it up)...pair that qb up w/ a proven qb at that same range in the draft (i got plummer in the eleventh last season)...
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Wed May 17, 2006 9:10 am

JStein wrote:Around when do you all draft QBs? Being oblivious, I drafted McNabb and Hasselbeck pretty early, but the pair ended up working pretty well - I won't ever draft that early again, but when do you all usually look at QBs?

It's not a great move to take two QBs early, since you can only start one at a time (unless it's a 2QB league, which are kind of rare).

I usually take two QBs that are ranked 10-13 among QBs, with the intention of playing matchups all year. Last year it was Delhomme and Pennington. Pennington screwed me, but I still had an adequate starter in Delhomme.

This year I like Delhomme again, Plummer, Brees, McNair, Leftwich, and Warner. I would be pretty happy with any two of them as my QBs. I might throw Brooks in that mix based on the number of weapons he has at his disposal in that offense.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

guys I like

Postby skinsrule » Wed May 17, 2006 9:50 am

Bulger/Warner
Delhomme/Bulger
Jake Plummer/ Leftwich
Aaron Brooks/ Kurt Warner
David Carr/ Alex Smith

These are guys I like in that order, they have very favorable schedules. Plus I like Brunell, Vick, Sims, Kitna, Carr, Josh McNown, & Harrington as sleepers.
skinsrule
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed May 17, 2006 12:04 pm

Yeah, don't reach for a QB...many of us here last year said taking Manning in the first round was probably not the greatest thing to do. He came back to earth, so without some good steals at other positions, he didn't really return what you invested. :-/

The QB's that go from ordinary to above average or the ones that went from above average to poor and will go back to above average are what you need to find...there are normally 1 or 2 of those guys each year to be had in the 8th round or later. If you can project who those guys will be, you'll be in great shape. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk