Not MySpace, It's Facebook! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Not MySpace, It's Facebook!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Not MySpace, It's Facebook!

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Sun May 14, 2006 12:42 am

What is this craziness about MySpace? It's for 12-year-olds that have problems that they feel more important about if other people they don't know can read them. Doesn't anyone else agree? Facebook is 110% better.

Meh, to be honest, I don't really care, but I thought this might stir up some witty banter and all-together weeklong entertainment during the slowest month in the NFL.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sun May 14, 2006 12:55 am

I don't think you'll find many non-fanboys that honestly believe MySpace is better than Facebook. It's far less organized and entirely cluttered. However, it does offer one major thing that keeps its popularity around: it is open to everyone and requires no ties to schools.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby J2thez929 » Sun May 14, 2006 1:47 am

Who really cares? Myspace in open to everyone while Facebook is only for college students with an .edu address. Besides that, they are basically the same thing.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Sun May 14, 2006 2:31 am

J2thez929 wrote:Who really cares? Myspace in open to everyone while Facebook is only for college students with an .edu address. Besides that, they are basically the same thing.

Facebook recently opened itself to High School also.

If you ask me, the stereotype of myspace is that it's for emo 14-year-olds.
The stereotype of facebook is drunken frat boys.

(I have accounts on both)
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Manja » Sun May 14, 2006 2:40 am

Atog wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:Who really cares? Myspace in open to everyone while Facebook is only for college students with an .edu address. Besides that, they are basically the same thing.

A drunken emo fat frat kid? A deadly combination... I can picture it now... Instead of "chug, chug, chug".. it's "cut, cut, cut".
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun May 14, 2006 9:20 am

I didn't even know what MySpace was before I joined the Cafe and noticed people talking about it. This is the first time I've heard of Facebook. Since I really don't have any experience with either, take this for what it's worth. Aren't these kind of sites personal sites? You put on them whatever you want, like things that you like? What exactly is the point of that? If you like a certain topic, don't you already know where to find it on the web? Why do you need to create your own website to show everyone what you're into? I just don't get it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:42 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I didn't even know what MySpace was before I joined the Cafe and noticed people talking about it. This is the first time I've heard of Facebook. Since I really don't have any experience with either, take this for what it's worth. Aren't these kind of sites personal sites? You put on them whatever you want, like things that you like? What exactly is the point of that? If you like a certain topic, don't you already know where to find it on the web? Why do you need to create your own website to show everyone what you're into? I just don't get it.

Theres nothing to get Omaha. Its really just a chat room and on-line diary rolled into one that feeds off of the whole technology trend. Pick up the damned phone and call the person. Better yet, get off the arse and go out and meet somebody. I know they shut the Ranch Bowl down, but there's gotta be someplace to go to actually mingle with others. I'm rarely even on here accept to look up fantasy news or provide fantasy help, I'm at work, or I've got an obligation to be here, draft/trivia thread. I've seen many yougsters (daughters friends) use it to say things that they dont have the guts to say to someone's face or use it in the hopes of finding some "hot" guy.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun May 14, 2006 11:10 am

Yeah, I have no way of using Facebook, so I just use MySpace. I think it's OK...if nothing else I found some more Penguins and Pirates fans to talk to. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:38 am

Manja wrote:
Atog wrote:

A drunken emo fat frat kid? A deadly combination... I can picture it now... Instead of "chug, chug, chug".. it's "cut, cut, cut".

Rofl. :-b

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Sun May 14, 2006 12:40 pm

I don't seee why everyone always hates on myspace.....You don't have to go to the Emo-kids homepage, just talk tot your friends who have an account! I don't bother with those fruits, when I do check I just check my account and maybe go to a friends. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk