Keyboard/Mouse Problem - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Keyboard/Mouse Problem

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keyboard/Mouse Problem

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun May 14, 2006 9:50 pm

Recently, my lil brother spilled pop on my wireless keyboard and its busted for good. So i unplugged it and found a spare keyboard in my house. In plugging this one in it caused the wireless/optical mouse to stop working (they're hooked up under the same wireless system). They are both Logitech/iTouch. I was wondering if there is any way to get the mouse working with the non wireless keyboard. Mostly because i play alot of online games and the reaction time is delayed with the rollerball mouse and its pretty hard to play games with.

any tips?
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:11 pm

did he fry out the wireless capabilities or just the keyboard?
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mysticphysh » Sun May 14, 2006 11:07 pm

uninstall the drivers for both and reinstall the drivers for just the mouse?

I think that would be my first course of action.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Captain » Mon May 15, 2006 8:01 am

mysticphysh wrote:uninstall the drivers for both and reinstall the drivers for just the mouse?

and if that doesn't work - FORMAT C:\

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Mon May 15, 2006 11:49 am

The_Captain wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:uninstall the drivers for both and reinstall the drivers for just the mouse?

I think I'd rather just use a regular USB mouse. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Mon May 15, 2006 12:16 pm

The_Captain wrote:

lol... i hope you're joking.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Captain » Mon May 15, 2006 1:16 pm

bagobonez wrote:
The_Captain wrote:

lol... i hope you're joking.

;-) - I am...

I use USB mice at home and work and they work great.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Keyboard/Mouse Problem

Postby knapplc » Mon May 15, 2006 2:33 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Recently, my lil brother spilled pop on my wireless keyboard and its busted for good. So i unplugged it and found a spare keyboard in my house. In plugging this one in it caused the wireless/optical mouse to stop working (they're hooked up under the same wireless system). They are both Logitech/iTouch. I was wondering if there is any way to get the mouse working with the non wireless keyboard. Mostly because i play alot of online games and the reaction time is delayed with the rollerball mouse and its pretty hard to play games with.

any tips?

Silly question, but have you tried taking the keyboard apart and washing the component parts? I've done this several times with television remote controls - they operate on pretty much the same principles as keyboards. Take out the screws in the back and wipe down the connections.

You could also just try running warm water through it for a while until the pop all flushed out.

OR, try this:

EHow wrote:If you've spilled liquid on the keyboard, turn it upside down after you disconnect it to let the liquid drain out. If there's a lot of liquid, or if the liquid is sticky, wash out the spill with running water. (Do not immerse the keyboard.) Let the keyboard drain for 72 hours.

I read another thing online that said you should try to run it through the dishwasher. This may be something to try (WITHOUT dish soap). However, if you were going to do that I would still take it apart and hold the wiring section out of the wash.

The bottom line is, even if it sounds radical to put large amounts of water through your keyboard, at this point it’s trash anyway. If it works then great – if it doesn’t, you’re not out anything.

Link here.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Mon May 15, 2006 3:01 pm

i've already tried flushing it out with water, that was my first step of action. I let it dry upside-down for two days and it didnt fix it...unfortunately my dad saw me attempting a fix on this keyboard and took it and tried to do it himself (he always does :-[ ) and its all taken apart and pretty much destroyed, i have no idea where the screws or anything is...i have a good keyboard now, it's not wireless but it works fine and is ultra quiet (my old one was loud when typing). I am just going to convince my mom to switch mouses with me (hers is a corded optical). ;-D
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Keyboard/Mouse Problem

Postby mysticphysh » Mon May 15, 2006 5:36 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:Recently, my lil brother spilled pop on my wireless keyboard and its busted for good. So i unplugged it and found a spare keyboard in my house. In plugging this one in it caused the wireless/optical mouse to stop working (they're hooked up under the same wireless system). They are both Logitech/iTouch. I was wondering if there is any way to get the mouse working with the non wireless keyboard. Mostly because i play alot of online games and the reaction time is delayed with the rollerball mouse and its pretty hard to play games with.

any tips?

Silly question, but have you tried taking the keyboard apart and washing the component parts? I've done this several times with television remote controls - they operate on pretty much the same principles as keyboards. Take out the screws in the back and wipe down the connections.

You could also just try running warm water through it for a while until the pop all flushed out.

OR, try this:

EHow wrote:If you've spilled liquid on the keyboard, turn it upside down after you disconnect it to let the liquid drain out. If there's a lot of liquid, or if the liquid is sticky, wash out the spill with running water. (Do not immerse the keyboard.) Let the keyboard drain for 72 hours.

I read another thing online that said you should try to run it through the dishwasher. This may be something to try (WITHOUT dish soap). However, if you were going to do that I would still take it apart and hold the wiring section out of the wash.

The bottom line is, even if it sounds radical to put large amounts of water through your keyboard, at this point it’s trash anyway. If it works then great – if it doesn’t, you’re not out anything.

Link here.

Um maybe this should go without saying, but make sure you dont use the heated drying cycle either. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Return to General Talk