**Battle of the Bands Official Thread** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

**Battle of the Bands Official Thread**

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon May 15, 2006 10:58 am

VaderFin wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:Wow, I am surprised Parliment didn't make it, they are in the HOF. :-?

This ought to be interesting. ;-D

Blondie is as well and they didn't make it either. I'm sure there will be a few disappointments.

Yea, I'm sad about Def Leppard missing the cut too. Nothin better than hammer-fisting to Pour Some Sugar on Me.

Good job putting this together guys.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon May 15, 2006 11:18 am

The Balanced Man wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:Wow, I am surprised Parliment didn't make it, they are in the HOF. :-?

Blondie is as well and they didn't make it either. I'm sure there will be a few disappointments.

Yea, I'm sad about Def Leppard missing the cut too. Nothin better than hammer-fisting to Pour Some Sugar on Me.

8-o 8-o

I don't know what "hammer-fisting" is, but it sure sounds... painful... :-o :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon May 15, 2006 11:21 am

knapplc wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

8-o 8-o

I don't know what "hammer-fisting" is, but it sure sounds... painful... :-o :-o

And that's why the list looks like it does. ;-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby VaderFin » Mon May 15, 2006 11:39 am

My opinion on some who are too high or too low of a seed:

Too high = Green Day and Thompson Twins. Green Day is just way, way too high in my opinion. Thompson Twins? I'm the one who nominated them and I love em but even I think they are too high.

Too low = Guns N Roses and AC/DC. GNR lost positioning due to one voter who had a very low opinion of them and shall remain namless. :-b AC/DC at 20 is just not right.

Throw Nirvana in the too high list as well.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon May 15, 2006 11:53 am

VaderFin wrote:My opinion on some who are too high or too low of a seed:

Too high = Green Day and Thompson Twins. Green Day is just way, way too high in my opinion. Thompson Twins? I'm the one who nominated them and I love em but even I think they are too high.

Too low = Guns N Roses and AC/DC. GNR lost positioning due to one voter who had a very low opinion of them and shall remain namless. :-b AC/DC at 20 is just not right.

GNR & their 2-3 albums are WAY too high, IMO. No pun intended. AC/DC is definitely too low. Green Day is way too high & I don't know how the Thompson Twins even made the cut.

There are a couple of other bands that I'm not sure how they made the cut as well, but I'm sure it was difficult to cut down to 64 and even more difficult to seed them. I think there should've been more thrash/heavy metal bands that made the cut, but then again I'm biased because that's the kind of music I like best.

Great job of organizing this knapp, Vader, & moon. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby VaderFin » Mon May 15, 2006 12:02 pm

Yeah, we had 3 people determining the seeds. 2 of us probably have similar opinions while the 3rd balanced things out. Some bands made it by being average....3 average votes could top a band that got 2 higher votes but 1 rather low vote.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon May 15, 2006 12:02 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:My opinion on some who are too high or too low of a seed:

GNR & their 2-3 albums are WAY too high, IMO. No pun intended. AC/DC is definitely too low. Green Day is way too high & I don't know how the Thompson Twins even made the cut.

There are a couple of other bands that I'm not sure how they made the cut as well, but I'm sure it was difficult to cut down to 64 and even more difficult to seed them. I think there should've been more thrash/heavy metal bands that made the cut, but then again I'm biased because that's the kind of music I like best.

Great job of organizing this knapp, Vader, & moon. ;-D

I agree with about everything that Flotsam said here. You can add Green Day to bands i dont know how made it. They have 0 talent.I would say Steppenwolf is a bit of a strectch. I think that U2 is wayyyy too high, but that is just a personal hatred i have for Bono. Also i think that DM is too low.
Suprised to see Queensryche not make it.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon May 15, 2006 12:07 pm

Queensryche came in at 65 and just missed.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon May 15, 2006 12:09 pm

Also surprised Dave Matthews Band didn't make the cut.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon May 15, 2006 12:12 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:Also surprised Dave Matthews Band didn't make the cut.

Me hating them didn't help. :-b I don't think they were close even with that.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk