**Battle of the Bands Official Thread** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

**Battle of the Bands Official Thread**

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon May 15, 2006 12:16 pm

VaderFin wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:Also surprised Dave Matthews Band didn't make the cut.

Me hating them didn't help. :-b I don't think they were close even with that.

What factors did you guys take into account when seeding? Just personal opinion, or overall popularity, etc?
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 15, 2006 12:39 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
VaderFin wrote:My opinion on some who are too high or too low of a seed:

Too high = Green Day and Thompson Twins. Green Day is just way, way too high in my opinion. Thompson Twins? I'm the one who nominated them and I love em but even I think they are too high.

Too low = Guns N Roses and AC/DC. GNR lost positioning due to one voter who had a very low opinion of them and shall remain namless. :-b AC/DC at 20 is just not right.

Throw Nirvana in the too high list as well.

GNR & their 2-3 albums are WAY too high, IMO. No pun intended. AC/DC is definitely too low. Green Day is way too high & I don't know how the Thompson Twins even made the cut.

There are a couple of other bands that I'm not sure how they made the cut as well, but I'm sure it was difficult to cut down to 64 and even more difficult to seed them. I think there should've been more thrash/heavy metal bands that made the cut, but then again I'm biased because that's the kind of music I like best.

Great job of organizing this knapp, Vader, & moon. ;-D

i'm a fairly knowledgeable music fan, and i dont even know who the hell the Thompson Twins are

...and no Tool :-t :-t :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Mon May 15, 2006 12:49 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

What factors did you guys take into account when seeding? Just personal opinion, or overall popularity, etc?

Definitely not just personal like or dislike. I can't stand Pink Floyd but I still voted very high for them, not as high as the other 2 but still very high.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon May 15, 2006 1:05 pm

VaderFin wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Definitely not just personal like or dislike. I can't stand Pink Floyd but I still voted very high for them, not as high as the other 2 but still very high.

Yeah, same here. I do NOT like the Rolling Stones, but I recognize their contribution to the world of music so I voted them high.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 15, 2006 4:38 pm

Not that I don't appreciate the work you guys put into the seeding, but I'm curious as to learn how you decided to place Thompson Twins on a list that doesn't include a band that sold two RIAA certified Diamond (10 million+) selling albums like Def Leppard. :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon May 15, 2006 4:42 pm

LMAO the Thompson Twins are getting worked over!!!! Right fully so though, they have no business on this list.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon May 15, 2006 4:45 pm

mutantseabass wrote:LMAO the Thompson Twins are getting worked over!!!! Right fully so though, they have no business on this list.

"LIES LIES LIES YEAH." ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon May 15, 2006 4:49 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:LMAO the Thompson Twins are getting worked over!!!! Right fully so though, they have no business on this list.

Ok you lost me there :-?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon May 15, 2006 4:50 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Not that I don't appreciate the work you guys put into the seeding, but I'm curious as to learn how you decided to place Thompson Twins on a list that doesn't include a band that sold two RIAA certified Diamond (10 million+) selling albums like Def Leppard. :-?

Because I— I mean, one of the judges was in the audience at the Devany Center in Lincoln, NE in 1988 when Joe Elliott got ALL concerts banned there because he was such an 8-o EDIT 8-o that they said “never again!”

But that’s just a theory. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon May 15, 2006 4:53 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Ok you lost me there :-?

From "Lies" my favorite song that they sing.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk