**Battle of the Bands Official Thread** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

**Battle of the Bands Official Thread**

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:53 pm

***Announcement***

I've been given the OK by VaderFin to take over posting the Battles.

I'll begin by posting the rest of Round Eight tonight. I'll run everything on a one day timer, so if you don't vote in the first 24 hours you're out.

Look for the next matchups this evening. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:48 pm

Awesome! cant wait to get this rollin again!!
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:34 pm

At long last - the Battle of the Bands resumes!!!!

Tonight I post the final two Great Eight matchups:

Led Zeppelin vs. U2

-and-

Pink Floyd vs. Metallica

Since the BotB has been down for a while I'm giving each of these two battles two days to complete. That means they should run through Sunday evening.

The Final Four will start Monday with The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones and the victors of this weekend's matches.

The top four seeds are still alive. U2 at #10 and Metallica at #11 are the lowest seeded teams remaining with a shot at the Final Four. Metallica is the lone American band left but faces a tough matchup against Pink Floyd.

Let the fun resume!!!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:47 pm

So has Vader lost all internet connection or just work? I haven't seen him around in quite a while.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:49 pm

The_Captain wrote:So has Vader lost all internet connection or just work? I haven't seen him around in quite a while.

He's lost it at work and I guess he's pretty busy at home too. Nothing too major from what I understand and he should be back when the season kicks off, but for now he's taking a hiatus.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:17 am

knapplc wrote:
The_Captain wrote:So has Vader lost all internet connection or just work? I haven't seen him around in quite a while.

He's lost it at work and I guess he's pretty busy at home too. Nothing too major from what I understand and he should be back when the season kicks off, but for now he's taking a hiatus.

Is that code for-His Wife wears the pants in the family :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:20 am

mutantseabass wrote:
knapplc wrote:

That or she threw out the ol' "You spend more time on the computer than you do with me and the kids" line at him..... :-b

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:25 am

The_Captain wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
knapplc wrote:

That or she threw out the ol' "You spend more time on the computer than you do with me and the kids" line at him..... :-b

Boy, I hope that's not the case. If it is, that's the harbinger of the End of VaderFin - that's what that is. :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:43 am

i really dont like the metallica/pink floyd one, cuz i think they are both incredibly overrated

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moonhead » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:50 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i really dont like the metallica/pink floyd one, cuz i think they are both incredibly overrated

yeah, the wall only sold 23 million copies...and dark side of the moon was only on the billboard charts for 14 years. nobody likes those jackasses except for a handful of stoners. :-°
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk