**Battle of the Bands Official Thread** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

**Battle of the Bands Official Thread**

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:08 am

knapplc wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
knapplc wrote:
The_Captain wrote:So has Vader lost all internet connection or just work? I haven't seen him around in quite a while.

He's lost it at work and I guess he's pretty busy at home too. Nothing too major from what I understand and he should be back when the season kicks off, but for now he's taking a hiatus.

Is that code for-His Wife wears the pants in the family :-b

That or she threw out the ol' "You spend more time on the computer than you do with me and the kids" line at him..... :-b

Boy, I hope that's not the case. If it is, that's the harbinger of the End of VaderFin - that's what that is. :-o

HA! NEVER!! :-b

Just got some crap going on at home.......
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:35 pm

final four:

1. beatles vs. 4. stones

2. zep vs. 3. floyd

the top 4 seeds advanced to the final four.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:44 pm

moonhead wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i really dont like the metallica/pink floyd one, cuz i think they are both incredibly overrated

yeah, the wall only sold 23 million copies...and dark side of the moon was only on the billboard charts for 14 years. nobody likes those jackasses except for a handful of stoners. :-°

"The Wall?" "Dark Side of the Moon?"

What are these things of which you speak? :-B

Seriously, Fleshner, calling Pink Floyd overrated is like saying Michael Jackson is as normal as they come or Beethoven was sort of a decent composer. You don't have to like their music and you're more than welcome to vote against them, but let's give quality bands their proper due, eh?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:46 pm

moonhead wrote:final four:

1. beatles vs. 4. stones

2. zep vs. 3. floyd

the top 4 seeds advanced to the final four.

Absolutely correct. I'll be posting the Final Four tonight. Both Battles will run for two days so we're sure everyone has a chance to see them.

I'm thinking of letting the Finals (Pink Floyd vs. whoever) run for three days for the same reason.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:48 pm

Damn! its not right pairing pink floyd up with zep....but what u gonna do
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:08 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm thinking of letting the Finals (Pink Floyd vs. whoever) run for three days for the same reason.

:-b

I smell overconfidence and an upset.... }:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:17 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm thinking of letting the Finals (Pink Floyd vs. whoever) run for three days for the same reason.

I don't know - if any of the Final Four bands win I don't think it'll be an upset. I think if anything that if the Beatles lose to anyone that will be the only thing that surprises me.

I'm just saying that about Floyd because I'm a Floyd fan and there haven't been any close votes with them yet.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:18 pm

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I don't know - if any of the Final Four bands win I don't think it'll be an upset. I think if anything that if the Beatles lose to anyone that will be the only thing that surprises me.

I'm just saying that about Floyd because I'm a Floyd fan and there haven't been any close votes with them yet.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had no idea you were a Floyd fan though. I will be surprised if the Stones make it to the finals. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:21 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had no idea you were a Floyd fan though. I will be surprised if the Stones make it to the finals. :-°

Remember, I grew up in Fremont. That town is stuck in the 70s to this very day. Growing up Floyd, Zep and Ozzy were about all we ever listened to. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bolkonsky » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:30 pm

I think those 4 pretty much account for most of the music the whipper-snappers listen to nowadays (rap/hip-hop aside).
Hello, China? I have something you may want. But it's gonna cost you. That's right. All the tea.
bolkonsky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk