Cereal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cereal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cereal

Postby mutantseabass » Mon May 15, 2006 4:48 pm

The other day i was grocery shopping at Krogers(one of the local grocery chains here) and decdided to try the Kroger brand honey nut cheerios. They were half the price and you also got more cereal. I tried them this morning and they were pretty dam good for the price. I was talkin to a buddy today and he was saying that certain off brand cereals were good and some tasted no where near the oriingal. Do you eat name brand or off brand and if you do eat off brand have you experieced what my buddy talked about?? I would hate to buy cereal and have it taste bad and not eat it therefore wasting more money. Man im getting cheap in my old age :-[

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cereal

Postby knapplc » Mon May 15, 2006 4:54 pm

mutantseabass wrote:The other day i was grocery shopping at Krogers(one of the local grocery chains here) and decdided to try the Kroger brand honey nut cheerios. They were half the price and you also got more cereal. I tried them this morning and they were pretty dam good for the price. I was talkin to a buddy today and he was saying that certain off brand cereals were good and some tasted no where near the oriingal. Do you eat name brand or off brand and if you do eat off brand have you experieced what my buddy talked about?? I would hate to buy cereal and have it taste bad and not eat it therefore wasting more money. Man im getting cheap in my old age :-[

I usually eat Cinnamon Life. I don't know if there's an off-brand for it.

I have had the off-brand version of frosted mini-wheats and they were pretty much the same thing. I think for the most part you're going to get the same product as the name brand.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon May 15, 2006 4:59 pm

Off-brands. I never tasted an off-brand cereal that wasn't almost exactly like the big name brands. Doesn't make sense to pay double for just the name when they taste so similar.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon May 15, 2006 4:59 pm

I've weeded Blake off of the Marshmallow cereal for the time being. He loved Lucky Charms and all that..

Now we are on a Golden Graham kick...

Good stuff dude. ;-D

Not really tried too many generics of the cereals though.. :-/
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon May 15, 2006 5:02 pm

fruity pebbles. the malto-meal equivalent is crap.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Popcynical » Mon May 15, 2006 5:08 pm

Yeah.. the cereals I eat don't have the generic knock-offs.

I usually eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Cinnamon Life.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon May 15, 2006 5:16 pm

Popcynical wrote:Yeah.. the cereals I eat don't have the generic knock-offs.

I usually eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Cinnamon Life.

The place i shop has a knock off of CTC, I love CTC and have wanted to try it.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Mon May 15, 2006 5:39 pm

Beware the off brand cereal!

Some ends up soggy before you can even sit down to eat it.

Others are actually pretty good. The off brand cereal version of capn crunch they sell at Walmart actually stay crunch a lot longer than the real stuff!
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Mon May 15, 2006 5:47 pm

i'm a big honey fan and i eat cereal every morning pretty much so it varies from week to week. total honey clusters ,honey bunches of oats,honey nut shredded wheat,cinnamon shreaded wheat,honey nut cheerios,life,cinnamon life and maybe one other i'm fogetting. there are knockoffs out there but i stick with the original.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon May 15, 2006 6:21 pm

logan wrote:i'm a big honey fan and i eat cereal every morning pretty much so it varies from week to week. total honey clusters ,honey bunches of oats,honey nut shredded wheat,cinnamon shreaded wheat,honey nut cheerios,life,cinnamon life and maybe one other i'm fogetting. there are knockoffs out there but i stick with the original.

Thats the way i used to be, but with 3 kids that all eat cereal all the time. I seriously have never seen kids eat cereal like mine. Add to that me and my wife eating it and $5 a box i go through easily 6 boxes a week! :-o I could cut that in more then half if i went store brand.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk