Have the Dolphins gone completely insane? Vick signs deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Have the Dolphins gone completely insane? Vick signs deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Tue May 16, 2006 11:05 pm

Miami is more interested in Vick as an athlete type of player WR project and possible return guy. Interest in him at QB is next to none.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue May 16, 2006 11:38 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
moochman wrote:As previously stated, this is a very poor choice by a guy who has made precious few good ones. The Miami night life combined with Saban caring nurturing side equal one thing. Vick will be swimming with the Claretts.

I don't think there has been decision as poor as this one since Custer's last stand.

Are you talking about the same guy who berated a player to tears for being fat in training camp last year? :-b

That's what made it sarcastic.

I agree that Vick will likely be used in specialty roles: returns, gimmack plays and such.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CC » Wed May 17, 2006 3:41 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Marcus is better than Michael? I am sorry no1, but that is the stupidest thing I have heard in months.

Based on... ? :-?

Talk about stats all you want ... but just from watching both of them play at VT, I can say Marcus impressed me a lot more than Michael.

My opinion is based on watching them play at VT and you my friend are wrong. Michael dominated at VT, Marcus didn't do as much as he could have with a strong VT team.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed May 17, 2006 3:48 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Marcus is better than Michael? I am sorry no1, but that is the stupidest thing I have heard in months.

Based on... ? :-?

Talk about stats all you want ... but just from watching both of them play at VT, I can say Marcus impressed me a lot more than Michael.

My opinion is based on watching them play at VT and you my friend are wrong. Michael dominated at VT, Marcus didn't do as much as he could have with a strong VT team.

CC, I don't watch much College so i don't have much opinion on which is the better player. But I have heard this numerous times before so it can't be the stupiest thing you've heard in months. Now I haven't heard it much lately because of what Vick has done (Marcus that is). But a couple years ago I heard it quite frequently. And lets be fair and honest, if Marcus had kept his head on straight he would have been a first rounder this year. And he wouldn't have had to do too much to play better than Mike (the most overrated player in the Game).
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Wed May 17, 2006 4:17 pm

Mike wins. Like or not, he is a winner. Everyone can complain about how he doesn't have a complete game. But he wins. He did it in college, he's doing it in the NFL.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Wed May 17, 2006 4:39 pm

Mike = Better athlete (faster)
Marcus = Better QB (which isn't saying much)

I wonder if Marcus has always been a jerk or if Big Bro's fame and money turned him into one. :-?

If Marcus can keep his hands out of underaged girl's pants and his cleats off defenders legs he has all the tools to be as big of a success as Big Bro...which, again, isn't saying much :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:45 pm

michael vick is better. marcus is overrated because he is related to him. im not saying he's bad, but he isnt as talented as everyone says he is.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed May 17, 2006 4:59 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Mike = Better athlete (faster)
Marcus = Better QB (which isn't saying much)

I wonder if Marcus has always been a jerk or if Big Bro's fame and money turned him into one. :-?

If Marcus can keep his hands out of underaged girl's pants and his cleats off defenders legs he has all the tools to be as big of a success as Big Bro...which, again, isn't saying much :-b

I guess it depends on your definition of success. He wins alot of games, has a household name and is rich beyond my wildest dreams. Love him or hate him, that sounds like a success to me.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed May 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Mike wins. Like or not, he is a winner. Everyone can complain about how he doesn't have a complete game. But he wins. He did it in college, he's doing it in the NFL.

To me, this is the same argument as Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning. Brady = 3 SBs. Manning = better QB. It's opinion. And frankly, I don't think my differing opinion is the "stupidest thing you've heard in months." After all, isn't MTR back on the boards? (just joking)

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk