Mecedes Lewis tid bit; Jaguars leading receiver poll - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Mecedes Lewis tid bit; Jaguars leading receiver poll

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will have the most receptions for the Jags

Mercedes Lewis
4
17%
Matt Jones
15
65%
Reggie Williams
4
17%
 
Total votes : 23

Postby mattb47 » Tue May 16, 2006 12:11 pm

jayday wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Here are the 2004 NFL Draft Countdown WR Rankings:

Scott Wright wrote:2004 WR's

1. Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh
2. Roy Williams, Texas
3. Mike Williams, U.S.C.
4. Reggie Williams, Washington
5. Rashaun Woods, Oklahoma St.
6. Michael Clayton, Louisiana St.
7. Lee Evans, Wisconsin
8. Michael Jenkins, Ohio St.
9. Keary Colbert, U.S.C.
10. Devard Darling, Washington St.
11. Devery Henderson, Louisiana St.
12. P.K. Sam, Florida St.
13. Ernest Wilford, Virginia Tech
14. Derrick Hamilton, Clemson
15. Bernard Berrian, Fresno St.

What's your point CC? Are you saying that Wilford isn't good because he was ranked so low 2 years ago? Or smirking that Reggie Williams is on that list at 4? :-b


He was posting that because someone had said that Wilford was the #4 rated WR in that draft, and he was probably posting that to refute him. I don't remember who it was but it seems they edited it out of their post.

And to infer that Wilford is going to post as good or better numbers than Jimmy Smith has been for years is a little optimistic I think. I think he can post reasonable numbers, but I think it is likely that both him and Matt Jones post solid numbers rather than one posting huge numbers.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Patriot Reign » Tue May 16, 2006 12:14 pm

mattb47 wrote:
jayday wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Here are the 2004 NFL Draft Countdown WR Rankings:

Scott Wright wrote:2004 WR's

1. Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh
2. Roy Williams, Texas
3. Mike Williams, U.S.C.
4. Reggie Williams, Washington
5. Rashaun Woods, Oklahoma St.
6. Michael Clayton, Louisiana St.
7. Lee Evans, Wisconsin
8. Michael Jenkins, Ohio St.
9. Keary Colbert, U.S.C.
10. Devard Darling, Washington St.
11. Devery Henderson, Louisiana St.
12. P.K. Sam, Florida St.
13. Ernest Wilford, Virginia Tech
14. Derrick Hamilton, Clemson
15. Bernard Berrian, Fresno St.

What's your point CC? Are you saying that Wilford isn't good because he was ranked so low 2 years ago? Or smirking that Reggie Williams is on that list at 4? :-b


He was posting that because someone had said that Wilford was the #4 rated WR in that draft, and he was probably posting that to refute him. I don't remember who it was but it seems they edited it out of their post.

And to infer that Wilford is going to post as good or better numbers than Jimmy Smith has been for years is a little optimistic I think. I think he can post reasonable numbers, but I think it is likely that both him and Matt Jones post solid numbers rather than one posting huge numbers.


It was Keyser! lol. He edited it out rather than owning up to his error.

The Steeler fans might not rat you out Keyser but the Patriots one sure will! :-b
Patriot Reign
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 83
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue May 16, 2006 12:38 pm

Patriot Reign wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
jayday wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Here are the 2004 NFL Draft Countdown WR Rankings:

Scott Wright wrote:2004 WR's

1. Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh
2. Roy Williams, Texas
3. Mike Williams, U.S.C.
4. Reggie Williams, Washington
5. Rashaun Woods, Oklahoma St.
6. Michael Clayton, Louisiana St.
7. Lee Evans, Wisconsin
8. Michael Jenkins, Ohio St.
9. Keary Colbert, U.S.C.
10. Devard Darling, Washington St.
11. Devery Henderson, Louisiana St.
12. P.K. Sam, Florida St.
13. Ernest Wilford, Virginia Tech
14. Derrick Hamilton, Clemson
15. Bernard Berrian, Fresno St.

What's your point CC? Are you saying that Wilford isn't good because he was ranked so low 2 years ago? Or smirking that Reggie Williams is on that list at 4? :-b


He was posting that because someone had said that Wilford was the #4 rated WR in that draft, and he was probably posting that to refute him. I don't remember who it was but it seems they edited it out of their post.

And to infer that Wilford is going to post as good or better numbers than Jimmy Smith has been for years is a little optimistic I think. I think he can post reasonable numbers, but I think it is likely that both him and Matt Jones post solid numbers rather than one posting huge numbers.


It was Keyser! lol. He edited it out rather than owning up to his error.

The Steeler fans might not rat you out Keyser but the Patriots one sure will! :-b


I admit that I mixed up Williams and Wilford, no biggie. Wasn't trying to hide anything as you suggest.

To me it was easier to just edit my post.

Rat me out?? Whatever man.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 4 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bushkill, PA

Postby moochman » Tue May 16, 2006 1:54 pm

I don't see Wilford being anywhere near as productive as you think, Keyser. The simple fact is that they are trying out two TE sets so they can run more. That plus Lefty's inconsistancy will keep any Jag WRs far from the top ten.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby confused_jake » Tue May 16, 2006 3:30 pm

wow, i know where i can't post my opinion anymore
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Tue May 16, 2006 3:33 pm

confused_jake wrote:wow, i know where i can't post my opinion anymore


You have anything to back the statement up at all? Jimmy Smith wasn't even top 10, and I don't see him being even as good as Smith.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby confused_jake » Tue May 16, 2006 3:37 pm

nothing statistical, but from the games i've watched, wilford has showed great potential. now that he will most likely be the #1 target this year i think he will have a breakout year.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue May 16, 2006 3:45 pm

i was a wilford owner last season.

The guy did have 7 tds last season. He was my #3 guy at times.

He may not have gotten the yardage but the TDs were there.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3890
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flos Scandelos

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue May 16, 2006 4:05 pm

Hey, who knows. Maybe we'll all be eating crow in several months if Wilford breaks out. I just don't see Wilford busting out with the core offense being so young. Wilford will have to do alot of the work without the presence of a go-to guy like Smith and it's not like the fellas around him are going to make it any easier on him. Matt Jones is still a project and Reggie Williams has been a major bust.
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby mattb47 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:08 pm

confused_jake wrote:nothing statistical, but from the games i've watched, wilford has showed great potential. now that he will most likely be the #1 target this year i think he will have a breakout year.


Breaking out and top 10 are completely different things. Top 10 means that he is better than at least 2 of these guys next year:

S. Smith
Holt
CJ
TO
Moss
Harrison
Fitz
Boldin
D-Jax
Wayne
Chambers
Ward

I really don't see that happening, I think it is reasonable for him to breakout, but top 10 is very unlikely I think.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:42 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact