Postby PACKman1144 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:30 pm

Fergenson. I love the way he plays, never gets rattled, and is really good
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 18, 2006 2:06 pm

i voted for Helmuth, even though he's an arrogant prick, the guy is entertaining

i really hate Negranu, not sure why.

I like Ivey, Chan and Scottie Nguyn too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu May 18, 2006 4:53 pm

I voted for Chan. I've liked him ever since I saw Rounders some several years back. Though his scenes are short, I loved the references to him. That said, he was the first player I ever really picked up on.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu May 18, 2006 9:59 pm

Negreanu is my favorite. He's the kinda person I would want to play poker against simply because he's a character. Also, I think he is one of the better players at reading other players, if only the guy could listen to his instincts more often he'd probably be considered even better...

Ferguson is probably my next favorite, simply because I think he might be the best odds player in Hold Em right now, and its just enjoyable to watch someone with that kind of grasp on the mathematical aspects of poker at work.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri May 19, 2006 12:32 am

Gus, Negreanu, Laak are my top 3 with Ivey rounding out the next one. John D'Agostino is one of my favs too, but that's because I used to talk to him on AIM before he became a known name ;-D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby terpfan » Fri May 19, 2006 2:22 am

maddog60 wrote:Negreanu is my favorite. He's the kinda person I would want to play poker against simply because he's a character. Also, I think he is one of the better players at reading other players, if only the guy could listen to his instincts more often he'd probably be considered even better...

He's absoutely amazing at putting people on a hand. Its scary when he just blurts out what his opponent has. It seems he's right 90% of the time.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri May 19, 2006 12:06 pm

anyone see the new WPT the other night? D'Agastino made a SICK call against Michael Mizrachi with Kings. Put him on the flush draw and called it out loud. Definately just sick.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby The_Dude » Fri May 19, 2006 5:00 pm

It was hard not to vote for Scotty Nguyen's mullet, but I voted for Negraneau (or however the hell you spell it).

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat May 20, 2006 8:15 am

I can't believe there are as many Ivey supporters here as there are. He was who I thought of immediately after reading the title because the guy always conducts himself as a professional and has such a calm demeanor that it intimidates you just to watch him play, let alone putting your chips in against him. Also intimidating is Ferguson. That guy is old west made modern and you have to remember if you beat him he can always pull a special made poker card out of his boot and throw it at you from across the room and kill you! :-o
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat May 20, 2006 10:45 am

portisfan24 wrote:
Teck wrote:I think you're thinking of hellmuth portis fan

I chose daniel

Really? I admittedly don't watch that much poker but I was pretty sure that was Matusow.

it sounds a lot more like something that Helmuth would say than what the mouth would say.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk