Byron Leftwich - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Byron Leftwich

Moderator: Football Moderators

Byron Leftwich

Postby Pirate of the Carib » Wed May 17, 2006 5:11 pm

What kind of numbers do you think he'll put up this year? I think that he could either breakout or he could just be an average NFL QB.
Go Dolphins!!!
Pirate of the Carib
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Wed May 17, 2006 5:40 pm

There's a prediction forum for this.. ;-D

I think he'll do pretty well, though.. he was breaking out last year until he got hurt.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Gnu314 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:57 pm

I'm hoping 3000/25/12(int). Thats pretty optimistic but he was breaking out last season before he got hurt and I really think that he could continue to improve.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby robnestrick » Wed May 17, 2006 7:04 pm

Actually, I'm not sure if thats being optimistic or realistic...

If you take Leftwich's first 11 games and extend it over a 16 game season his numbers would have looked like the following...

3088 yds, 24 tds, 7 int

And this is without the games against (becuase he was injured) ARI, SF, CLE, and TEN.. which he could dominate in..

I do think J.Smith will cause some problems, but the talent level is there to step it up this year.. I think the above numbers are realistic for Leftwich this year... a few more INTs, but definitely realistic..
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:41 pm

I had Leftwich as one of my highly desirable later round (9-12) sleepers before Jimmy left. But now I'm kind of on the fence as to whether or not I want him on my team. The guy has got skills to be sure, but the talent around him has greatly suffered with the loss of Jimmy. I don't see him breaking into the top10 QBs even with a full healthy season (which is doubtful at best).

There really isn't a consistent enough WR core on the roster right now to pull the catches in to get him up into a high ppg range. Without that game to game consistency, you can't comfortably play the matchups with him, and that is where the main value in owning a QB like Leftwich lies IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby tpetty6320 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 pm

david garrard should be playing ahead of him........... byron sucks
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:19 pm

tpetty6320 wrote:david garrard should be playing ahead of him........... byron sucks

Good argument. Not much more to say.....this statement speaks for itself. :-?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed May 17, 2006 11:11 pm

tpetty6320 wrote:david garrard should be playing ahead of him........... byron sucks

Care to back that up with some stats? :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed May 17, 2006 11:17 pm

Care to back that up with some intelligence? :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Stelly » Thu May 18, 2006 9:25 am

robnestrick wrote:Actually, I'm not sure if thats being optimistic or realistic...

If you take Leftwich's first 11 games and extend it over a 16 game season his numbers would have looked like the following...

3088 yds, 24 tds, 7 int

And this is without the games against (becuase he was injured) ARI, SF, CLE, and TEN.. which he could dominate in..

I do think J.Smith will cause some problems, but the talent level is there to step it up this year.. I think the above numbers are realistic for Leftwich this year... a few more INTs, but definitely realistic..

Plus add a few rushing TDs and yards, and you're looking at 3200 yds, 27 TDs, 7 INT. I'll take that for a backup QB! I would count on him as my starter, but I think he has great potential as a backup.
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Football Talk