Willis McGahee - Overrated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willis McGahee - Overrated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby treadstone » Wed May 17, 2006 10:23 pm

All I'm saying is that adding someone like Joe Jurevicous doesn't make me think that an offense really improved. I understand and agree with the improved O-Line and I'm sure it will help, but I cant stand seeing that he will help their passing game any significant amount. I don't think people would say adding someone like E. Parker would help a passing game alot, so why should Jurevicous really help.
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 pm

treadstone wrote:All I'm saying is that adding someone like Joe Jurevicous doesn't make me think that an offense really improved. I understand and agree with the improved O-Line and I'm sure it will help, but I cant stand seeing that he will help their passing game any significant amount. I don't think people would say adding someone like E. Parker would help a passing game alot, so why should Jurevicous really help.

Once again, no one is saying that Jurevicius alone is making that offense be improved over last year. Have you ever watched him play though? He has fantastic hands and is as solid and consistent as they come. He is a good #2 WR for them next year. You add him to Braylon Edwards coming back and Kellen Winslow playing next year and the offense is improved. Just get your mind off the Jurevicius thing, he is one part of why they will be better, not the main reason. You are arguing against something that no one is saying. And please don't compare Jurevicius to Eric Parker, that's a ridiculous comparison.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treadstone » Wed May 17, 2006 11:00 pm

I would love for you to explain to me why this is a rediculous comparison...

Last 3 year stats...

Jurevicous
5 games - 118 yards - 2TD
10 games - 333 yards - 2 TD
16 games - 694 yards - 10 TD
TOTAL 1145 yards and 14 TD

Parker
8 games - 244 yards - 3 TD
15 games - 690 yards - 4 TD
15 games - 725 yards - 3 TD
TOTAL 1659 yards and 10 TD
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Wed May 17, 2006 11:11 pm

treadstone wrote:I would love for you to explain to me why this is a rediculous comparison...

Last 3 year stats...

Jurevicous
5 games - 118 yards - 2TD
10 games - 333 yards - 2 TD
16 games - 694 yards - 10 TD
TOTAL 1145 yards and 14 TD

Parker
8 games - 244 yards - 3 TD
15 games - 690 yards - 4 TD
15 games - 725 yards - 3 TD
TOTAL 1659 yards and 10 TD

Once again, don't just throw stats out there. You are completely ignoring situation in these comparisons, Parker has been the starter at WR #2 the past 2 seasons for SD and look at his numbers, mediocre. Jurevicius was hurt 3 years ago for most of the season and 2 years ago he was the #3 WR behind Joey Galloway and Michael Clayton. He was only the starter for part of last season and he had 10 receiving TDs! Have you watched Joe Jurevicius play? I will reiterate, he has excellent hands! Watch him play, don't look at the stats here, he is a very solid WR.

And you are still arguing against Jurevicius when I have said time after time that he is not the main reason they will be better, but he is a part of it. Please, just stop arguing the Jurevicius point, he is a very solid addition for that team, look at the huge impact he had last year in helping Seattle do well during the season despite having D-Jax and Engram hurt.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treadstone » Thu May 18, 2006 12:06 am

Realistically what do you see from the browns offense next year?
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:18 am

treadstone wrote:Realistically what do you see from the browns offense next year?

So you expect me to be able to predict what an entire offense will produce next year? You can't be serious. I do not have the time nor the will to do the research necessary to come up with a reasonable prediction for that offense. Trying to do so is pretty useless anyway.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mattp987 » Thu May 18, 2006 1:38 am

Braylon Edwards is amazing...its a shame he was injured last year. He will become a stud reciever though, just wait.

And yes, JJ does have great hands. IF you watched him in a few games last year he made amazing plays. He is a play maker and a tall reciever. I literally saw him rip the ball out of a defenders hands on an underthrown pass...it was quality.

Beefing up the O line, bringing in JJ, and getting Braylon back surely should produce more offense.

I dont think people realize that Braylon is that dude...who do u think Brady threw all those passes to at Michigan??

Props to anx2a77 for the sig
mattp987
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Santacruzer » Thu May 18, 2006 3:17 am

mattp987 wrote:...who do u think Brady threw all those passes to at Michigan?

David Terrell.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Santacruzer » Thu May 18, 2006 3:47 am

So let me get this straight. You see ypc as an indication of talent and projections? Me too actually, so you are not going to get an argument out of me for that. But to say that you would take these guys over McGahee is a little short sighted.

Julius Jones - A wonderful 3.9 ypc, and SERIOUS competition out of Barber. Maybe Julius is the more talented of the two, but if you can't stay healthy and the coach prefers someone else....

Thomas Jones - when the team is willing to shop him around, and add the fact that the Bears are not going to be handing over all that dough for a benchwarmer in Benson, it all equals a RBBC mess to me. That team is going to have to put up some serious rushing numbers this year for either guy to have a mediocre season.

Reuben Droughns - Well, the only reason this guy should get any mention is due to the complete lack of ANY competition from guys out of the backfield wearing those fancy new (old?) digs this year. BTW, to add to the 2 TDs last year, he had just a 4.0 ypc year too.

Warrick Dunn - the old boys always look good, until they have the season that shows everyone that they have in fact become, well, old. See George, Martin, Dillon, etc.

Kevin Jones - And I am a Lions fan. He was awful last year. He is even incosistent at being incosistent. Again just a 3.6 ypc last year. Martz may make the "receivers" look good, but Jones isn't much of a receiver(20 catches last year), and has almost always been pulled on third downs (Bryson and Pinner combined for 58 catches).

It may look rough for Buffalo now, but don't relegate them to last place in the NFL too quickly. They may have not been big players in FA or other moves, but I wouldn't discount them just yet.

You don't seem to be too concerned with Lamont Jordan also having just a 3.8 ypc , keeping him at the #7 spot on your list.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby michaelavelli » Thu May 18, 2006 6:41 am

Santacruzer wrote:So let me get this straight. You see ypc as an indication of talent and projections? Me too actually, so you are not going to get an argument out of me for that. But to say that you would take these guys over McGahee is a little short sighted.

Julius Jones - A wonderful 3.9 ypc, and SERIOUS competition out of Barber. Maybe Julius is the more talented of the two, but if you can't stay healthy and the coach prefers someone else....

Thomas Jones - when the team is willing to shop him around, and add the fact that the Bears are not going to be handing over all that dough for a benchwarmer in Benson, it all equals a RBBC mess to me. That team is going to have to put up some serious rushing numbers this year for either guy to have a mediocre season.

Reuben Droughns - Well, the only reason this guy should get any mention is due to the complete lack of ANY competition from guys out of the backfield wearing those fancy new (old?) digs this year. BTW, to add to the 2 TDs last year, he had just a 4.0 ypc year too.

Warrick Dunn - the old boys always look good, until they have the season that shows everyone that they have in fact become, well, old. See George, Martin, Dillon, etc.

Kevin Jones - And I am a Lions fan. He was awful last year. He is even incosistent at being incosistent. Again just a 3.6 ypc last year. Martz may make the "receivers" look good, but Jones isn't much of a receiver(20 catches last year), and has almost always been pulled on third downs (Bryson and Pinner combined for 58 catches).

It may look rough for Buffalo now, but don't relegate them to last place in the NFL too quickly. They may have not been big players in FA or other moves, but I wouldn't discount them just yet.

You don't seem to be too concerned with Lamont Jordan also having just a 3.8 ypc , keeping him at the #7 spot on your list.

I've kinda gone through all of the RB's you mentioned here on a previous post - the point I'm really trying to make is there is reason to believe that these guys could improve - we could start a thread debating the merits of these factors, but you could make an argument I think.

with McGahee - he was pretty poor last year and I cannot get a single reason from someone that might suggest he will improve - the closest I've gotten is that he'll be more "experienced" or that Eric Moulds being gone will somehow help them.

And as far as LaMont, since I did not address him on an earlier post, he had a 3.8 ypc, but he also added 70 catches - something I do not believe McGahee capable of. Total, LaMont Jordan had 340 touches for 1588 yards and 11 TD's - markedly better production than McGahee.

I understand that ypc is NOT the end-all - I just think it be an indicator.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk