What about Jamal Lewis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What about Jamal Lewis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby boojumsnark25 » Sat May 20, 2006 2:53 pm

onnestabe wrote:
boojumsnark25 wrote:I wasn't able to get him on any of my teams this year, but I would have loved to...I think if McNair comes to Baltimore, and they can develop a respectable passing game again, it would do wonders for Jamal. Won't be back to 2000 yard seasons, but I think he'll definitely rebound.

They had a respectable passing game? :-b

it was respectable their super bowl year
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sat May 20, 2006 4:21 pm

bagobonez wrote:Another problem is... Jamal is a one-dimensional RB. He will never win you games with his receiving skills. So if he IS going to rebound, it's got to be on the ground. He needs to rush for at least 1,400.

It's true he isn't a great Receiver, but I think he's better than SA or Rudi. In 2002 he had 47/442 and a touch. 2003 he had 26/200+ last year he had 36 receptions. He's not that terrible in the receiving department as some of you may think. It's true he isn't going to win games with his receiving skills, but a 1200 rushing plus 200 receiving isn't a terrible year.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Sat May 20, 2006 7:43 pm

bagobonez wrote:Another problem is... Jamal is a one-dimensional RB. He will never win you games with his receiving skills. So if he IS going to rebound, it's got to be on the ground. He needs to rush for at least 1,400.

Rudi Johnson?

Some people have him top5, most have him top10, and virtually everyone has him top15.

Jamal Lewis you might be able to grab as RB25. That's value.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue May 23, 2006 8:12 am

I've got him in my dynasty league and I really hope holding onto him this long pays off. I expect a decent season from him..Maybe 1400 and 10 TDs or something of the sort assuming McNair comes to Baltimore. If Jamal goes back to getting 25-30 carries a game again, expect results. They didn't bring Anderson in to compete for a job..they brought him in as a FB and an occasional 3rd down back. I think the Ravens are going to run with Jamal all season even if he isn't producing which bodes well for any fantasy RB..especially Jamal. One of the problems last year that the Ravens failed to see was that Jamal is a downhill runner. He needs 25 carries before you really see what you are getting. The guy bruises the defense and breaks out in the second half. The problem was that they would sit Lewis and let Taylor take alot of second half carries. Not to mention the fact that he couldn't even break through the O-Line for a couple of yards because he was constantly hit in the backfield. To many factors against Jamal to use last season as a real indicator to how good he is. Injured/Bad Blocking, Little to no rehab, No passing game, Not enough faith from his team, and running that he's afraid to get hurt. That sounds to me like failure waiting to happen. I expect him to bounce back next year because all those things against him last year should be fixed by the start of the season.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Tue May 23, 2006 1:27 pm

skibrett15 wrote:

It's true he isn't a great Receiver, but I think he's better than SA or Rudi. In 2002 he had 47/442 and a touch. 2003 he had 26/200+ last year he had 36 receptions. He's not that terrible in the receiving department as some of you may think. It's true he isn't going to win games with his receiving skills, but a 1200 rushing plus 200 receiving isn't a terrible year.

Not to mention that Chester Taylor is gone, and they dont really have a 3rd down RB anymore. Anderson will steal some looks, but Jamal will probably be in the game more than last year.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Stelly » Thu May 25, 2006 9:07 am

I think Jamal Lewis is one of the more interesting players this draft year.

I've heard people say he's a steal in Round 2, and I've seen others rank him #32 among RBs.

It'll be interesting to see where he gets picked one we get closer to the season.
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk