Rank'em - Worst Team RBBC risks next year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rank'em - Worst Team RBBC risks next year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri May 19, 2006 8:30 am

bagobonez wrote:I don't think Kevin Jones truly has much competition for his job. Martz has already stated he wants KJ to touch the ball 30 times a game.

Do you have a link for this... this would be big news to KJ owners.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Fri May 19, 2006 9:35 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I don't think Kevin Jones truly has much competition for his job. Martz has already stated he wants KJ to touch the ball 30 times a game.

Do you have a link for this... this would be big news to KJ owners.

He's said it more than once now. If I had the desire to look up a link I would, but I know he has said something to this extent.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Pjluva10 » Fri May 19, 2006 10:21 am

Eggs-actly. I am not convinced that Gado even makes the roster unless he shows something on special teams. He is simply not that talented.

Where's this coming from? In the five games Ahman Green started in '05 he rushed for 255 yards on 77 attempts (3.3 ypc). He had zero touchdowns receiving or rushing.

In the seven games Gado started in, he rushed for 574 yards on 142 attempts (4.1 ypc). He had one touchdown receiving and six touchdowns rushing.

Gado and Green ran behind the same line and it's obvious that Gado did much better. How is he not talented enough to have a spot on the roster? I guess having two games as a rookie where you have over 100 yards before halftime means you have no talent?

If I recall I just read the other day that Green was still healing a bit and might not be ready for training camp, giving Davenport and Gado a chance to fight for the starting job. I wish I could remember where I saw that.

Gado will make this team. He obviously has some skill. They wont just get rid of a back that knows their system and has starting experience for their club.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby skibrett15 » Fri May 19, 2006 11:23 am

Gado will make the team. The fact that he produced behind that poor line shows he has more talent than most of us think. It doesn't have to do with knowing the system since it's a new system. Gado reminds me of Ahman really, except he doesn't have that final gear that Ahman has/used to have.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Fri May 19, 2006 1:08 pm

No mention of the Saints?

They are paying a lot of coin for Deuce, so you know they have to use him.
They are going to pay a lot to Bush, so you know they have to use him.

This could be a real effective RBBC in the making. Bush showed how good he could be as a specialty back and Deuce could be asked to handle the tough yardage stuff. Could hurt both.

What about the Cards? Edge will have to share with JJ Arring...
OK poor choice there. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby onnestabe » Fri May 19, 2006 1:22 pm

moochman wrote:No mention of the Saints?

They are paying a lot of coin for Deuce, so you know they have to use him.
They are going to pay a lot to Bush, so you know they have to use him.

This could be a real effective RBBC in the making. Bush showed how good he could be as a specialty back and Deuce could be asked to handle the tough yardage stuff. Could hurt both.

What about the Cards? Edge will have to share with JJ Arring...
OK poor choice there. :-b

Yeah, Saints are definitely a RBBC this year, and from what I have seen in mocks and an early draft for one of my leagues, both Bush and Deuce are going too early for my tastes.

I don't think Deuce will ever be an effective fantasy back as long as Bush is there, but I do think that Bush would be very good in a RB3/Flex role for a fantasy team. His stats will be inconsistent, but he will be used to cause matchup problems, so he should be able to make enough big plays to warrant that flex spot.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Fri May 19, 2006 3:35 pm

My rankings, in order from highest risk to lowest risk:

• 1) San Fran – Gore should get more carries, but as it has been mentioned, no matter what, the situation has limited upside.
  • 2) Tenn – Chris Brown’s upright running style exposes him greatly. Henry and White are waiting in the wings.
  • 3) Jacksonville – Taylor has the edge, but the line is long. I wouldn’t touch this RBBC with a 10-foot pole.
  • 4) Carolina – It’s a given that Foster will get hurt, so DeAngelo Williams had better be ready. But are you ready to start a rookie RB on your roster?
  • 5) Green Bay – Ahman Green might not be ready until the season opener, and I don’t have much faith in Davenport or Gado.
  • 6) Cincinnati – Perry will continue to cut into Rudi’s time. There are also major questions about Palmer’s health, and a very tough strength of schedule.
  • 7) Chicago – They’re not paying Benson all that money to sit on the bench.
  • 8) New Orleans – Bush and McAllister will share time, and there are no guarantees that this will suddenly be a prolific offense.
  • 9) Dallas – Parcells likes a feature back. The only way Barber gets in is if Julius Jones get hurt. Which is likely.
  • 10) New England – It all rests on Dillon’s health; if he looks like he did last year, Maroney will play. But New England spreads the ball around way too much for fantasy purposes.
  • 11) N.Y. Jets – Another situation similar to Carolina, N.E., Dallas, etc. Martin is the starter, but you can’t put too much faith in his health.
  • 12) Baltimore – Billick knows that Jamal Lewis needs 20+ carries per game, but Anderson has too much talent not to play.
  • 13) Denver – Who knows what will happen, but both Dayne and Bell have significant value.
  • 14) Philly – Don’t know where I saw it, but Westbrook will get more touches this year. I don’t think Moats will steal a significant amount of carries.
  • 15) Indy – Rhodes will be the featured back; they will work Addai in slowly.
  • 16) Minn – Widely publicized that Taylor will get the bulk of carries. I’m not worried about competition from Moore, Fason, etc.
  • 17) Detroit - If Kevin Jones has to start worrying about a guy named "Artrose" stealing carries, Detroit (and your fantasy team) are in a lot of trouble.
  • 18) Tampa Bay – The Cadillac is Gruden ‘s man. Pittman and Alstott are non-factors.
  • 19) Pittsburgh – Staley, Haynes or Humes are not as much of a threat to steal carries as Bettis was. Parker is a more solid pick this year.
  • 20) St. Louis – Marshall Faulk may not even see any carries some games.
  • 21) Houston – I wouldn’t sweat Antowain Smith or Michael Bennett, if he is signed from New Orleans, stealing from Dom Davis.
  • 22) Cleveland – Suggs is garbage. Droughns owners can sleep well at night.
  • 23) Kansas City – Priest Holmes will be calling it a career. I’d bet on it.

Not even worth mentioning: Seattle, San Diego, Arizona, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Giants, Washington, Atlanta.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby onnestabe » Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm

Great analysis, Lung ;-D

Interesting that Cinci is so high on the list, since Rudi is a guaranteed 1st rounder on almost everyone's cheatsheets.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri May 19, 2006 8:23 pm

I'm most worried about New Orleans, Chicago, Tennessee, Carolina and Indianapolis. The others aren't too big.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 pm

The Lung wrote:Not even worth mentioning: Seattle, San Diego, Arizona, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Giants, Washington, Atlanta.

I know there's not really any other RBs worth mentioning outside of Brown on the Dolphins roster right now, but has Nick Saban EVER used a feature back? I can't recall a Saban-coached team that wasn't a full-fledged RBBC.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk