Rank'em - Worst Team RBBC risks next year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rank'em - Worst Team RBBC risks next year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby chaindog35 » Sat May 20, 2006 7:48 am

Infidel wrote:
J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:unless ahman green gets hurt, then there is not RBBC in green bay. If he is healthy, he will start, with davenport maybe stealing a few carries, but nothing more than any other backup in the NFL.

As long as green and davenport are healthy, dont expect to see much of gado

Eggs-actly. I am not convinced that Gado even makes the roster unless he shows something on special teams. He is simply not that talented.

that could be considered crazy talk. Gado might not even make the roster? Then who are they gonna sign for a 3rd rb? I mean, I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but wow. I mean, I'll buy an argument that green is the starter or even that davenport is the backup, but gado being cut? that's out on a limb a bit far for me.

Personally, and this is just my thought, I think Gado is starting by seasons end. Davenport is a non-factor in terms of ever carrying the load because he gets injured as much as deshaun foster. That leaves Gado if Green gets hurt or if he never gets healthy. Right now Green is expected to be out until August. Do you know how much development Gado can go through in that system by August and how rusty Green will be. I'm not certain that Gado won't start out of the gate or at least see a fair portion of the carries. No one knows what Green will be like once he comes back from his torn quad. Gado is a patient runner with top end speed who is still raw. If GB cuts him, I guarantee there are going to be ten teams waiting in line to grab him.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:14 am

Infidel wrote:Eggs-actly. I am not convinced that Gado even makes the roster unless he shows something on special teams. He is simply not that talented.

And you base that statement on what? The fact that he went undrafted? I think there are plenty enough examples to prove your draft round means nothing.

This guy came out of nowhere, yes, but he put up 3 100+ yard performances in 8 games that he played in (only 5 of which did he even get a reasonable enough amount of carries to reach 100 yards). He earned a 4.1 ypc behind an offensive line that lost both of its top OGs the off-season before and replaced them with nothing. 7 TDs in those 8 games he played in too. And he did all of this on one of the worst teams in the NFL. Its not like he stepped into the lineup for KC or Denver and put up numbers like this because of all the great talent surrounding him. What about that makes him untalented?

The Packers should be thrilled to have found Gado. Davenport may never stay healthy enough to replace Green as the franchise RB, and Gado in his short try out proved he deserves a shot at that job. It really helps the Packers, possibly saving them a 1st or 2nd rounder they'd have to spend on a RB otherwise.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sat May 20, 2006 10:59 am

Green out until late August? You Gado haters realize that the season starts in early September, right?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat May 20, 2006 12:05 pm

chaindog35 wrote: Gado is a patient runner with top end speed

Gado's 40 time = 4.68

I'll give you the patient runner part but he does not have top end speed.

Davenport is bigger, faster, and more talented. Sure he can't stay healthy but until he gets hurt Gado will be behind him on the depth chart.

Didn't Gado sprain his knee or something in his limited time that caused him to miss some games?

I really doubt he see's much playing time this year but he is worth a late round flier. Nothing more.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

The RBBC in Miami

Postby DraftDodger » Sun May 21, 2006 1:32 am

>>>
I know there's not really any other RBs worth mentioning outside of Brown on the Dolphins roster right now, but has Nick Saban EVER used a feature back? I can't recall a Saban-coached team that wasn't a full-fledged RBBC.
<<<

Think about it. They have Culpepper. If he starts, you basically have an RBBC situation.

R. Brown fans better be rooting for Harrington to start.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Re: The RBBC in Miami

Postby jayday » Sun May 21, 2006 8:11 am

DraftDodger wrote:>>>
I know there's not really any other RBs worth mentioning outside of Brown on the Dolphins roster right now, but has Nick Saban EVER used a feature back? I can't recall a Saban-coached team that wasn't a full-fledged RBBC.
<<<

Think about it. They have Culpepper. If he starts, you basically have an RBBC situation.

R. Brown fans better be rooting for Harrington to start.

Dude, you've been here since 2002, have over 1000 posts and you do this a lot....Learn to use the quote feature, it's your friend! :-b

--Gado being cut is crazy...There is absolutely no basis for any form of rationality in that statement....He is working with the first team in camps right now while Ahman and Najeh are stuck in rehab....Green Bay is going to zone blocking, and Gado is a much more patient runner than Green and Davenport....I expect him to see significant time....

--And I'm not buying Cincy being in the Top 5 for highest risk RBBC....Perry will see a lot of time....But Rudi is still gonna get the lion's share of the carries....He played the majority of 2005 on a bum knee anyway, and broke his own Bengals season rushing record....

Again, I'm not saying Perry isn't going to see significant time, he is a very important player in the offense and will see a lot of 3rd down, and some 1st/2nd and longs, but Rudi had over 80% of the carries last season between he and Perry....I'll say it's a 75/25 split in carries, and a 65/45 split in touches....But you guys have to remember, the touches Perry is getting are mostly touches Rudi never would have seen anyway....If anything, I think Perry is more of a threat to Chad and TJ because of his great 3rd down capabilities....

I'll surely buy Top 10-15 though....I would consider the following teams to be a higher risk...In no particular order: Tennessee, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Chicago, Green Bay, Baltimore, Denver, Indy, New England, and San Francisco all higher risks for RBBC....

This is still Rudi's job....Just my opinion ;-)
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby chaindog35 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:57 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:

Gado's 40 time = 4.68

Davenport is bigger, faster, and more talented. Sure he can't stay healthy but until he gets hurt Gado will be behind him on the depth chart.

Didn't Gado sprain his knee or something in his limited time that caused him to miss some games?

I really doubt he see's much playing time this year but he is worth a late round flier. Nothing more.

Where exactly did you get Gado's 40 time?

Check this link out:

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sp ... 134794.htm

He ran a 4.43 when he tried out for the packers.
That seems fairly fast to me. I mean caddy was running at around the same speed last year before the draft.

I believe that is why that packers were excited to get him last year. And from watching him play, he did not appear to be slow. not to mention he did break some longer runs including a 64 yder. That just doesn't seem slow to me. besides, davenport only runs in the 4.5 range, so i find it hard to believe he is any faster than gado.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chaindog35 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:59 pm

oh and about the bengals, perry will be the best 3rd down back in the league, but he won't steal the starting job unless rudi gets hurt for an extended time or is traded/ released. I think at some point perry gets his shot, but it reminds me a little of larry johnson's situation a couple years ago.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Keyser_WV » Sun May 21, 2006 2:57 pm

chaindog35 wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:

Gado's 40 time = 4.68

Where exactly did you get Gado's 40 time?

Check this link out:

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sp ... 134794.htm

He ran a 4.43 when he tried out for the packers.
That seems fairly fast to me. I mean caddy was running at around the same speed last year before the draft.

I believe that is why that packers were excited to get him last year. And from watching him play, he did not appear to be slow. not to mention he did break some longer runs including a 64 yder. That just doesn't seem slow to me. besides, davenport only runs in the 4.5 range, so i find it hard to believe he is any faster than gado.

I just did a google search and this was the link.

http://www.protrade.com/insight/Insight ... 402427&x=x

Seems like the article you posted is accurate since it is commenting on the time he ran for GB.

That is fairly quick for a guy his size. As for now he is third on the depth chart though.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out come August. If Green can't even participate until August I find it hard to believe he will be a factor.

You still have to think Davenport will be the guy so as for now I think Gado isn't worth much.

This could change come late August though.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby thelimey » Sun May 21, 2006 3:23 pm

This was on Rotoworld...

RB Samkon Gado is struggling with the Packers new zone-blocking scheme.
We speculated Gado would be a nice fit in offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski's system, so this comes as a small surprise. It's early, but injured Ahman Green and Najeh Davenport will have the upper hand on the starting job if Gado isn't able to grasp the scheme by training camp. May. 21 - 10:34 am et
Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

From what I last read Davenport was a month away from coming back and Green isn't expected back until late August. I think any one of these guys could be starting by week 1 although I have to confess I have taken a flier on Davenport in the 16th round of a draft.
thelimey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk