Idiots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Idiots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Idiots

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu May 18, 2006 2:38 pm

These kinds of things make me feel like I'm getting smarter every day...

They are among us!
1) IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD: I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer were being hit by cars" and he didn't want them to cross there anymore. This one was from Kingman, KS. ______________________________________________________________________
2) IDIOTS IN FOOD! SERVICE: My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg. ______________________________________________________________________
3) IDIOT SIGHTING: I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, and "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge? To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know? He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask." It happened in Birmingham, Alabama. ______________________________________________________________________
4) IDIOT SIGHTING: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!" She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS ______________________________________________________________________
5) IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer in the headlights stare. This was a bunch at Texas Instruments. ______________________________________________________________________
6) IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office, no less. ______________________________________________________________________
7) IDIOT SIGHTING: When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "its open!" To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side." This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi! ______________________________________________________________________
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Thu May 18, 2006 3:21 pm

5) IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer in the headlights stare. This was a bunch at Texas Instruments.

This is the kind of stuff that make Dilbert so funny! :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Thu May 18, 2006 3:54 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
5) IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer in the headlights stare. This was a bunch at Texas Instruments.

Dilbert isn't funny.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 pm

Thanks Sox. ;-D
You always post the good read!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Popcynical » Thu May 18, 2006 4:33 pm

6) IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office, no less.

Ahaha.. I can picture my mom and/or sister pulling that. ;-D
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Thu May 18, 2006 4:46 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:

Dilbert isn't funny.

You're entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu May 18, 2006 4:54 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:

Dilbert isn't funny.

You're entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong.

Yeah, I think Dilbert's hilarious. At least the paper comic strip. Not all of his strips are funny, but a lot of them are pretty good.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu May 18, 2006 5:18 pm

Hahaha, that was great. ;-D I liked the lettuce one the most. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Thu May 18, 2006 6:42 pm

The powerstrip one was pretty damn funny
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby hastur » Thu May 18, 2006 7:17 pm

mysticphysh wrote:

Dilbert isn't funny.

I'll take a stab at this and guess you don't work in the cubicle community...
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to General Talk