Idiots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Idiots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Horizons » Thu May 18, 2006 7:49 pm

4) IDIOT SIGHTING: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!" She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS

Can anyone really be that lame??
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby ampant » Thu May 18, 2006 8:34 pm

Horizons wrote:Can anyone really be that lame??

People are generally lame. I was interviewing for a job with a technology company and the company president related the following story. . .

While running a software training, the presenter gave the instructions to "click anywhere on the screen with the mouse."

One of the training participants literally picked up the mouse, pressed it against the monitor screen, and clicked. :-/

Another guy who was working in a PC tech support position got a call about an unresponsive computer that would not power up. The technician started the troubleshooting process with her and didn't get to far, . . . it wouldn't power up. He had her check to make sure it was plugged in, etc. Satisfied that the issue might warrant a return authorization, he asked her to read the serial number off the unit.

"I can't"

"Why not"

"There are no lights because the power is out"

"Oh, I see what the problem is. Ma'am, please box the computer up and send it back."

"Is it broken?"

"No, you are too f@#k!ng stupid to own a computer"
;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby moonhead » Thu May 18, 2006 8:51 pm

ampant wrote:Another guy who was working in a PC tech support position got a call about an unresponsive computer that would not power up. The technician started the troubleshooting process with her and didn't get to far, . . . it wouldn't power up. He had her check to make sure it was plugged in, etc. Satisfied that the issue might warrant a return authorization, he asked her to read the serial number off the unit.

"I can't"

"Why not"

"Oh, I see what the problem is. Ma'am, please box the computer up and send it back."

"Is it broken?"

;-D

i wanted to tell this story, but i am much too lazy to type that all out. thanks amp.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri May 19, 2006 12:45 am

moonhead wrote:
ampant wrote:Another guy who was working in a PC tech support position got a call about an unresponsive computer that would not power up. The technician started the troubleshooting process with her and didn't get to far, . . . it wouldn't power up. He had her check to make sure it was plugged in, etc. Satisfied that the issue might warrant a return authorization, he asked her to read the serial number off the unit.

"I can't"

"Why not"

"Is it broken?"

;-D

i wanted to tell this story, but i am much too lazy to type that all out. thanks amp.

I've never heard it but that was damn funny ;-D :-D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri May 19, 2006 7:53 am

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 19, 2006 9:17 am

hastur wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
5) IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer in the headlights stare. This was a bunch at Texas Instruments.

This is the kind of stuff that make Dilbert so funny! :-b

Dilbert isn't funny.

I'll take a stab at this and guess you don't work in the cubicle community...

yeah, if you work in an office setting, especially as an engineer, it's super funny becasue i've actually had alot of similar experiences
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri May 19, 2006 10:57 am

Well when I was getting ready for my senoir prom, I cvalled the resteraunt to make our reservation. To make sure I brought enough money with me, I asked the girl from the resteraunt prices of meals, desserts and stuff. Before I hung up I asked if the gratuity was included?

she told me no drinks cost extra.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri May 19, 2006 4:11 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Well when I was getting ready for my senoir prom, I cvalled the resteraunt to make our reservation. To make sure I brought enough money with me, I asked the girl from the resteraunt prices of meals, desserts and stuff. Before I hung up I asked if the gratuity was included?

she told me no drinks cost extra.

Heeeere's your sign. ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ampant » Fri May 19, 2006 8:56 pm

[quote="moonhead]i wanted to tell this story, but i am much too lazy to type that all out. thanks amp.[/quote]

;-D

You know that s*!t probably happened, too! I'm never surprised at how stupid some people can be. Anyways, it is a good story.

The first story was actually recounted to me by the president of the company during an interview. It's possible that he just used it 'cause it was a good line, etc.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Previous

Return to General Talk