Another Wacky Idea... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another Wacky Idea...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 19, 2006 2:50 pm

Actually...I guess my point was taken the wrong way...I should have explained further.

Kickers can mean a TON in fantasy football. Just because we draft them last doesn't mean they are worthless. The reason we draft them last is because it's dang near impossible to figure out which team is going to suck at scoring TD's but be good enough to get in the red zone a lot and which kicker is going to step up and drill them all. :-B

Jay Feely was probably undrafted in a lot of leagues...as was Neil Rackers. They propelled quite a few teams to wins last year because they were putting up 10+ points each week. How many times did your kicker (and defense for that matter) outscore your WR's? Probably quite a few times. Consistent scoring kickers help your team win BIG TIME.

Therefore, giving the kickers even more points for random things like last-second FG's really isn't my thing. They score enough as it is. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Fri May 19, 2006 6:17 pm

This would be quite interesting.. especially with kickers. Though I can't say that kickers don't do much for a team. Rackers outperformed my RB2 on a regular basis.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Another Wacky Idea...

Postby cha » Fri May 19, 2006 6:40 pm

Atog wrote:Sometime, somewhere, I was reading about Fantasy Soccer.
Anyways, since there arn't a lot of statistics in soccer other than goals and assists, judges (I'm not sure whose judges they are) rate players as having 'special games' (for good defense, good passing, etc.) and give them points for that.
Should that be done for fantasy football? I like the idea of giving extra points to a kicker that hits the clutch field goal, or a QB/WR who hook up for a miracle hail mary, or even to a WR that makes a key block in a long rushing TD.

What do you guys think?

I don't know......um......I am still on the fact that there is fantasy soccer. If there is fantasy tennis i am done ;-)
cha
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 19, 2006 6:48 pm

cha wrote:
Anyways, since there arn't a lot of statistics in soccer other than goals and assists, judges (I'm not sure whose judges they are) rate players as having 'special games' (for good defense, good passing, etc.) and give them points for that.
Should that be done for fantasy football? I like the idea of giving extra points to a kicker that hits the clutch field goal, or a QB/WR who hook up for a miracle hail mary, or even to a WR that makes a key block in a long rushing TD.

What do you guys think?

I don't know......um......I am still on the fact that there is fantasy soccer. If there is fantasy tennis i am done ;-)

You're done!:

http://racetoshanghai.enetpulse.com/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby cha » Fri May 19, 2006 6:53 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
cha wrote:

What do you guys think?

You're done!:

http://racetoshanghai.enetpulse.com/

you have to be kidding me....i only thought of fantasy tennis once but i was sleeping and it involved kornikova and sharapova 8-o
cha
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Fri May 19, 2006 7:08 pm

tennis is actually a good fantasy candidate in my mind. You could easily have wins, unforced errors, second serve percentage, aces and probably straight set wins as cats.

It doesn't surprise me there is fantasy soccer. That said, anyone play fantasy hockey? Christ, there are too many 0s day in day out for me, and soccer would be worse. I think soccer is the one sport where "special game" has some relvance. How else would you judge full and half-backs sometimes? There are too many 1-0 or 2-0 games and somewhat random scores to have it have any relevance other than luck to some degree. You would have to have, goals, assists, saves as the obvious choices, perhaps tackles to reward defensive guys, and I would say cards against should be a cat, since there are so many floppers and hot heads.

I think soccer would be a boring fantasy enterprise, it isn't as statiscial as other sports. Its more team stats than individual IMO.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ampant » Fri May 19, 2006 7:57 pm

eaglesrule wrote:tennis is actually a good fantasy candidate in my mind. You could easily have wins, unforced errors, second serve percentage, aces and probably straight set wins as cats.

Sure, but there aren't set schedules or teams, players can skip tourneys, etc. Sounds lame to me. When does the season start (isn't tennis a year round sport?). Anyways, you can count me out. :-t
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat May 20, 2006 7:21 am

ampant wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:tennis is actually a good fantasy candidate in my mind. You could easily have wins, unforced errors, second serve percentage, aces and probably straight set wins as cats.

Sure, but there aren't set schedules or teams, players can skip tourneys, etc. Sounds lame to me. When does the season start (isn't tennis a year round sport?). Anyways, you can count me out. :-t

That and the fact that you'd have to actually watch tennis and care. **** that.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dirty weasel » Sat May 20, 2006 10:43 am

A WR throwing a nice block? Who decides this...John Madden with his telestrator? What if I see my WR on the other side of the field give a nice eye gouge to the weak side DB? In order to score for plays like this, you'd also have to give negatives. Say your kicker pulls a Ray Finkle, or maybe your WR drops an EZ pass? What about your QB throwing an INT instead of taking a sack and only losing a few yards? Count me out of this, because I'd go nuts if I lost to some other FF team because some WR did their job and blocked.
dirty weasel
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby lmcjaho » Mon May 29, 2006 1:16 am

dirty weasel wrote:A WR throwing a nice block? Who decides this...John Madden with his telestrator? What if I see my WR on the other side of the field give a nice eye gouge to the weak side DB? In order to score for plays like this, you'd also have to give negatives. Say your kicker pulls a Ray Finkle, or maybe your WR drops an EZ pass? What about your QB throwing an INT instead of taking a sack and only losing a few yards? Count me out of this, because I'd go nuts if I lost to some other FF team because some WR did their job and blocked.

LACES OUT DAMN YOU!!!! :-B
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk