McCartney's Costly Divorce - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

McCartney's Costly Divorce

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Fri May 19, 2006 5:52 pm

If you ain't no punk, holla 'We want prenup!'
WE WANT PRENUP! YEAH!
It's something that you need to have...
'Cause when she leaves your ass, she's gonna leave with half.

yo.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Fri May 19, 2006 6:21 pm

Honestly, though.. why should his wife get this much money? I've got a soft spot in my heart for single moms or even divorced women. But why should they get that much money?

Heather and the child need to be looked after financially. I think you are looking at 150 million to 200 million pounds ($283-377 million).

Nobody needs that much money to be "looked after." There should be a cap or something on these types of cases. Somewhere around 25 million.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri May 19, 2006 7:48 pm

Canacuna wrote:If you ain't no punk, holla 'We want prenup!'
WE WANT PRENUP! YEAH!

yo.

Hate the guy (Kanye, not Paul), but that part of the song made me laugh too.

Anyways, one interesting aspect of that was Paul saying that the media exposure put added tension on the relationship, and that was a big reason why they are splitting up. As David Spade so gloriously put, "An ex-Beatle and a supermodel aren't used to media exposure? Yeah..."

And Moony, it was definitely Yoko. And it's not like any of the other Beatles had egos (bigger than Jesus? :-b ).

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Steve_L » Fri May 19, 2006 10:52 pm

Wow. That is a ridiculous amount of money. Wouldn't it be worth the money to just stay with her?
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 19, 2006 11:01 pm

She doesn't deserve a penny. He was already loaded way before he even met her. Not having her sign a prenup is insane.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat May 20, 2006 8:00 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
WE WANT PRENUP! YEAH!

yo.

Anyways, one interesting aspect of that was Paul saying that the media exposure put added tension on the relationship, and that was a big reason why they are splitting up. As David Spade so gloriously put, "An ex-Beatle and a supermodel aren't used to media exposure? Yeah..."

And Moony, it was definitely Yoko. And it's not like any of the other Beatles had egos (bigger than Jesus? :-b ).

I'm not being insensitive here, but didn't she only have one leg? I thought I heard that, and I can't see being a supermodel with a peg leg (okay, a little insensitive). Regardless, pre-nup or not, funds to be split between couples should be limited to only what they earned as a couple, and what each had prior to the relationship should be untouchable. I hate women's attitudes on this. This is a completely unfair angle provided for them by the law, and they abuse it every chance they get.

The part about being the child of a Beatle and needing protection (see John Lennon) is just stupid. You can get protection for a whole lot less than that, and obviously Lennon bit the dust when he was at the height of his popularity, so nothing will save you if someone really wants you.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 20, 2006 11:45 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
WE WANT PRENUP! YEAH!

yo.

I'm not being insensitive here, but didn't she only have one leg? I thought I heard that, and I can't see being a supermodel with a peg leg (okay, a little insensitive). Regardless, pre-nup or not, funds to be split between couples should be limited to only what they earned as a couple, and what each had prior to the relationship should be untouchable. I hate women's attitudes on this. This is a completely unfair angle provided for them by the law, and they abuse it every chance they get.

The part about being the child of a Beatle and needing protection (see John Lennon) is just stupid. You can get protection for a whole lot less than that, and obviously Lennon bit the dust when he was at the height of his popularity, so nothing will save you if someone really wants you.

Exactly. ;-D That's why I think she doesn't deserve a penny.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby moonhead » Sat May 20, 2006 2:01 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
WE WANT PRENUP! YEAH!

yo.

sorry bro. i actually took an honors music class here at the university of oklahoma called beatles seminar. paul was the one. the other three guys weren't necessarily the best of friends at the end of things, but it was paul they were all sick of. they were talking about going on after abbey road, but paul wanted to use linda's father as their manager/representative and he was inexperienced and ridiculously pricey. the rest of the band agreed on someone else that was cheaper and more experienced and better suited for their needs. but paul wouldn't budge on the deal and everyone else said f*^% it. paul was out of control. yoko was a nuisance, but not what split the band. know that.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby bagobonez » Sun May 21, 2006 1:28 pm

Steve_L wrote:Wow. That is a ridiculous amount of money. Wouldn't it be worth the money to just stay with her?

Nope. :-b Haven't you ever heard that joke...

Why is divorce so expensive....................

because it's worth it! ;-D
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk