Best Led Zeppelin Albums - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Best Led Zeppelin Albums

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Led Zeppelin Albums

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri May 19, 2006 1:06 pm

My Sister wants Led Zeppelin CDs for her birthday.

I don't know what CDs to get her, she has none.

What are some of thier best albums?
Image
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6209
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On my Ipod Touch

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri May 19, 2006 1:17 pm

Far and away the best bang for the bucks would be
Early Days/Later Days

Image

Disc: 1
1. Good Times, Bad Times
2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
3. Dazed And Confused
4. Communication Breakdown
5. Whole Lotta Love
6. What Is And What Should Never Be
7. Immigrant Song
8. Since I've Been Loving You
9. Black Dog
10. Rock And Roll
11. The Battle Of Evermore
12. When The Levee Breaks
13. Stairway To Heaven

Disc: 2
1. The Song Remains The Same
2. No Quarter
3. Houses Of The Holy
4. Trampled Underfoot
5. Kashmir
6. Ten Years Gone
7. Achillies Last Stand
8. Nobody's Fault But Mine
9. All My Love
10. In The Evening

Other that that, my opinion would be
Led Zep I, IV, II and III in that order.
;-D

Also - the Plant/Page MTV DVD "No Quarter" (UnLedded)
is fantastic.
Last edited by ScreamingWeasel on Fri May 19, 2006 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2073
Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NashTN

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri May 19, 2006 1:18 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:Far and away the best bang for the bucks would be
Early Days/Later Days

Disc: 1
1. Good Times, Bad Times
2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
3. Dazed And Confused
4. Communication Breakdown
5. Whole Lotta Love
6. What Is And What Should Never Be
7. Immigrant Song
8. Since I've Been Loving You
9. Black Dog
10. Rock And Roll
11. The Battle Of Evermore
12. When The Levee Breaks
13. Stairway To Heaven

Disc: 2
1. The Song Remains The Same
2. No Quarter
3. Houses Of The Holy
4. Trampled Underfoot
5. Kashmir
6. Ten Years Gone
7. Achillies Last Stand
8. Nobody's Fault But Mine
9. All My Love
10. In The Evening

Other that that, my opinion would be
Led Zep I, IV, II and III in that order.
;-D

Also - the Plant/Page MTV DVD "No Quarter" (UnLedded)
is fantastic.


Ha, I actually just found out that CD set. How coincidental.
Image
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6209
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On my Ipod Touch

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri May 19, 2006 1:23 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:Ha, I actually just found out that CD set. How coincidental.

Check out the DVD if you've never seen it.
One HELL of a night. Fantastic.
(John Bonham's son, Jason, is on drums by the way).
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2073
Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NashTN

Postby VaderFin » Fri May 19, 2006 1:25 pm

Obviously greatest hits are always nice for someone with nothing. It's not the favorite of most but I LOVE Zep III:

"Immigrant Song" (Page/Plant) 2:23
"Friends" (Page/Plant) 3:54
"Celebration Day" (Page/Plant/Jones) 3:28
"Since I've Been Loving You" (Page/Plant/Jones) 7:24
"Out on the Tiles" (Page/Plant/Bonham) 4:05
"Gallows Pole" (trad. arr. Page/Plant) 4:56
"Tangerine" (Page) 3:10
"That's the Way" (Page/Plant) 5:37
"Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp" (Page/Plant/Jones) 4:16
"Hats off to (Roy) Harper" (trad.) 3:42


Image
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri May 19, 2006 1:44 pm

VaderFin wrote:"Out on the Tiles" (Page/Plant/Bonham) 4:05

Image





their best song...ok maybe not.....but its MY FAVE ;-D
Image
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5422
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Popcynical » Fri May 19, 2006 1:44 pm

Get her the Remasters set... great for anyone getting into Zeppelin.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 3076
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri May 19, 2006 1:57 pm

VaderFin wrote:It's not the favorite of most but I LOVE Zep III
Image


Wow 8-o !

Zep III is also my fav ... but I don't think
I've EVER met another soul who said it was theirs.
;-D
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2073
Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NashTN

Postby knapplc » Fri May 19, 2006 2:00 pm

The only Zep I have is the four-disc boxed set that came out in 1990 - the one simply called Led Zeppelin.

Disc 1
1. Whole Lotta Love 5:34
2. Heartbreaker 4:14
3. Communication Breakdown 2:28
4. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 6:40
5. What Is and What Should Never Be 4:43
6. Thank You 4:46
7. I Can't Quit You Baby 4:15
8. Dazed and Confused 6:26
9. Your Time Is Gonna Come 4:14
10. Ramble On 4:23
11. Traveling Riverside Blues 5:09
12. Friends 3:54
13. Celebration Day 3:28
14. Hey Hey What Can I Do 3:55
15. White Summer/Black Mountain Side 8:01
Disc 2
1. Black Dog 4:55
2. Over the Hills and Far Away 4:46
3. Immigrant Song 2:23
4. The Battle of Evermore 5:51
5. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp 4:17
6. Tangerine 2:57
7. Going to California
8. Since I've Been Loving You 7:23
9. D'Yer Mak'er 4:23
10. Gallows Pole 4:58
11. Custard Pie 4:13
12. Misty Mountain Hop 4:38
13. Rock and Roll 3:41
14. The Rain Song 7:39
15. Stairway to Heaven 8:01
Disc 3
1. Kashmir 8:32
2. Trampled Under Foot 5:35
3. For Your Life 6:20
4. No Quarter 7:01
5. Dancing Days 3:42
6. When the Levee Breaks 7:07
7. Achilles Last Stand 10:23
8. The Song Remains the Same 5:28
9. Ten Years Gone 6:32
10. In My Time of Dying 11:04
Disc 4
1. In the Evening 6:50
2. Candy Store Rock 4:07
3. The Ocean 4:30
4. Ozone Baby 3:35
5. Houses of the Holy 4:03
6. Wearing and Tearing 5:29
7. Poor Tom 3:02
8. Nobody's Fault But Mine 6:27
9. Fool in the Rain 6:13
10. In the Light 8:45
11. The Wanton Song 4:06
12. Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux 3:50
13. I'm Gonna Crawl 5:31
14. All My Love 5:51

It's expensive, but it's well worth it, and will really kick-start her collection.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri May 19, 2006 2:03 pm

knapplc wrote:The only Zep I have is the four-disc boxed set that came out in 1990 - the one simply called Led Zeppelin.

Disc 1
1. Whole Lotta Love 5:34
2. Heartbreaker 4:14
3. Communication Breakdown 2:28
4. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 6:40
5. What Is and What Should Never Be 4:43
6. Thank You 4:46
7. I Can't Quit You Baby 4:15
8. Dazed and Confused 6:26
9. Your Time Is Gonna Come 4:14
10. Ramble On 4:23
11. Traveling Riverside Blues 5:09
12. Friends 3:54
13. Celebration Day 3:28
14. Hey Hey What Can I Do 3:55
15. White Summer/Black Mountain Side 8:01
Disc 2
1. Black Dog 4:55
2. Over the Hills and Far Away 4:46
3. Immigrant Song 2:23
4. The Battle of Evermore 5:51
5. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp 4:17
6. Tangerine 2:57
7. Going to California
8. Since I've Been Loving You 7:23
9. D'Yer Mak'er 4:23
10. Gallows Pole 4:58
11. Custard Pie 4:13
12. Misty Mountain Hop 4:38
13. Rock and Roll 3:41
14. The Rain Song 7:39
15. Stairway to Heaven 8:01
Disc 3
1. Kashmir 8:32
2. Trampled Under Foot 5:35
3. For Your Life 6:20
4. No Quarter 7:01
5. Dancing Days 3:42
6. When the Levee Breaks 7:07
7. Achilles Last Stand 10:23
8. The Song Remains the Same 5:28
9. Ten Years Gone 6:32
10. In My Time of Dying 11:04
Disc 4
1. In the Evening 6:50
2. Candy Store Rock 4:07
3. The Ocean 4:30
4. Ozone Baby 3:35
5. Houses of the Holy 4:03
6. Wearing and Tearing 5:29
7. Poor Tom 3:02
8. Nobody's Fault But Mine 6:27
9. Fool in the Rain 6:13
10. In the Light 8:45
11. The Wanton Song 4:06
12. Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux 3:50
13. I'm Gonna Crawl 5:31
14. All My Love 5:51

It's expensive, but it's well worth it, and will really kick-start her collection.



missing one song :-?
Image
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5422
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 23:01 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact