Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat May 20, 2006 9:35 am

Recent polls on Yahoo have LT doubling the votes of both LJ and Alexander as the #1 pick going into this years FF draft. Are the Yahoo subscribers just clueless, or just voting LT to sway the polls because he is their favorite real life player? I've got to think after reading everything here that educated FF players have no intention of drafting LT over LJ and SA, so how can you explain this? Man, the offseason is boring when this is what I consider news.

Alexander 23% 6559 votes
L.J. 25% 7045 votes
L.T. 52% 14850 votes
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:01 am

You can make an argument for any of the top 3 and not really be wrong. Not one of them is without questions surounding the upcoming year. You also really cannot go wrong with any of the top 3 either. I think its 4-10 in the overall rankings that the real debate begins.

On a side note, In my main $$ league (3 man keeper) I have both LT & LJ along with S. Smith as my 3 keepers so there is no debate for me.... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king

Postby maddog60 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:03 am

Sixxgunn wrote:I've got to think after reading everything here that educated FF players have no intention of drafting LT over LJ and SA, so how can you explain this? Man, the offseason is boring when this is what I consider news.

Alexander 23% 6559 votes
L.J. 25% 7045 votes
L.T. 52% 14850 votes

What are you talking about? The debate between LJ and LT has many of the eduated FF players split. There are a ton of reasons to take LT, but this debate was already beaten into the ground, and with nothing new to say on it, I'd suggest you do a search, and read what people here have said.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:10 am

LT and LJ should are very close. they should be closer. SA is becoming the consensus 3rd pick now because of Hutch, big contract, madden curse, etc.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dirty weasel » Sat May 20, 2006 10:29 am

These 3 are close enough that I want the 3rd pick in drafts. That way, my 1st round draft choice is made for me, and I won't have to stay awake at night wondering if I made the right choice, because I will know I had no choice but to take who I did. Plus, I get the earlier pick in the 2nd round.
dirty weasel
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat May 20, 2006 10:40 am

Personally I think LJ is the hands down #1 this year, but I can see why people would make a case for Tomlinson or Alexander.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby northcuttfan » Sat May 20, 2006 11:07 am

lets break it all down shall we

LT- best RB skills wise, but his QB is questioned and Oline is ok
SA-no hutch,madden curse he could possibly get through this
L.J.- an old but good line and this will be his 1st season playing all 17 games..he will be this years willis magahee not saying he wont be good but we'll see

all could be #1 if LT's QB gets good enough LT is no doubt number one

if SA can not get injured and do well past hutch hes #1

if LJ can simply not get gassed down buy week 9 then he is #1
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat May 20, 2006 11:31 am

maddog60 wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:I've got to think after reading everything here that educated FF players have no intention of drafting LT over LJ and SA, so how can you explain this? Man, the offseason is boring when this is what I consider news.

Alexander 23% 6559 votes
L.J. 25% 7045 votes
L.T. 52% 14850 votes

What are you talking about? The debate between LJ and LT has many of the eduated FF players split. There are a ton of reasons to take LT, but this debate was already beaten into the ground, and with nothing new to say on it, I'd suggest you do a search, and read what people here have said.

I have seen the debates, and to me this is new. This shows that the vast majority of people around the country values LT far more than either of the other two, when the cafe is not so decisive. In case you didn't see the part where I said "after reading everything here".
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CC » Sat May 20, 2006 11:51 am

I have LT as my 1st overall pick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JStein » Sat May 20, 2006 11:52 am

Every player lost something.

L. Tomlinson: Lost QB Drew Brees
L. Johnson: Lost FB Tony Richardson
S. Alexander: Lost OG Steve Hutchinson

Which one of those departed players had the greatest impact is the biggest question. Tomlinson still has O'Neal, Johnson still has a great O-line and a great (but aging) QB in Trent Green, Alexander still has a great passer in Hasselbeck and Mack Strong.

If you ask me, I think eventually, it will pan out in Tomlinson's favor. I'm not saying the rest of them aren't talented players, but man, LT is a monster. If AJ was thinking straight, then Phil Rivers should be effective enough to get things done. But it's never good when your GM and your HC clash.
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk