Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Sat May 20, 2006 12:06 pm

Is it really that big of deal? You can pretty much eeny meeny mineey mo these three and get a winner. If I end up with first pick in any of my redrafts, that's pretty much what I will be doing. :-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sat May 20, 2006 12:27 pm

JStein wrote:Every player lost something.

L. Tomlinson: Lost QB Drew Brees
L. Johnson: Lost FB Tony Richardson
S. Alexander: Lost OG Steve Hutchinson

Chester Taylor, gained Hutch and Richardson, woot! There's your No. 1.

But seriously, I probably see it like DJF.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby terpfan » Sat May 20, 2006 1:30 pm

I have LT #1 overall for these reasons.

1. I think having Phillip Rivers at QB will make the Chargers rely on LT more, and also get him more dump off catches out of the backfield.
2. Alexander may be hurt by the departure of Steve Hutchinson.
3. Larry Johnson has not completed a whole season yet, and he loses Tony Richardson and Al Saunders.

Seems to me that Tomlinson is the safest pick overall. You are pretty much gauranteed elite numbers from him, no questions asked. That's what I want from the #1 pick.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sat May 20, 2006 1:37 pm

terpfan wrote:I have LT #1 overall for these reasons.

1. I think having Phillip Rivers at QB will make the Chargers rely on LT more, and also get him more dump off catches out of the backfield.
3. Larry Johnson has not completed a whole season yet, and he loses Tony Richardson and Al Saunders.

Seems to me that Tomlinson is the safest pick overall. You are pretty much gauranteed elite numbers from him, no questions asked. That's what I want from the #1 pick.

That's my main reason I have LT #1 as well....But with the Top 3, you are really splitting hairs....

Right now, I have them as
1. LT
2. SA
3. LJ
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby D3C4K » Sat May 20, 2006 2:19 pm

terpfan wrote:I have LT #1 overall for these reasons.

I had LT last year, and LJ each of the last 2 years, and to me Tomlinson is probably the least guaranteed of the three over the course of a full season. LT may be the most talented of the three, but he doesn't face St. Louis, San Francisco and Arizona twice like Alexander, and the lowest fantasy output LJ's put up in any game he's started is just under 18 points (17.8, Week 10 against Buffalo last year). If that isn't guaranteed, I don't know what is. In no way will I sit here and bash LT, as that would be ridiculous. Even without Brees, he'll be a top performer, especially with an easier schedule. But his line isn't as good as KC's or Seattle (Even without Hutch), and in addition to getting less yards as a result, he also takes a pounding, which has hindered his performance a bit each of the past two years (Middle of 2004, end of 2005). Once again, it's splitting hairs, but I never had LJ give me 1.8 points in a starting role. As far as coaching goes, Curtis Martin put up 1,942 all-purpose yards along with 14 tds and won the rushing title over Shaun Alexander with Herm Edwards 2 years ago (I had Martin then as well), and anyone with LJ last year remembers screaming at Vermeil to give LJ the ball, rather than keep passing to Samie Parker only to have the ball bounce off his face. Losing Saunders didn't help, but Vermeil had something against LJ (Which Larry referred to on "Quite Frankly" the other day), and if anything the coaching change should be a good thing, at least for LJ's fantasy owners. Just my 2 cents.
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JStein » Sat May 20, 2006 3:06 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Is it really that big of deal? You can pretty much eeny meeny mineey mo these three and get a winner. If I end up with first pick in any of my redrafts, that's pretty much what I will be doing. :-D

I'd love to have the number three pick and have whoever is left - you know they're still going to be solid :D
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ampant » Sun May 21, 2006 12:31 am

northcuttfan wrote:LT- best RB skills wise, but his QB is questioned and Oline is ok
SA-no hutch,madden curse he could possibly get through this
L.J.- an old but good line and this will be his 1st season playing all 17 games..he will be this years willis magahee not saying he wont be good but we'll see

all could be #1 if LT's QB gets good enough LT is no doubt number one

if SA can not get injured and do well past hutch hes #1

if LJ can simply not get gassed down buy week 9 then he is #1

What are you talking about? You contradict yourself here. LJ will be this year's McGahee? :-° Dude, the guy ran over top defense after top defense last year.

By the way, McGahee wasn't good last year, so when you say LJ is going to be this year's McGahee, "he won't be good" is exacly how most people interpret it. LJ racked up about as many TDs as a backup in his 1st 7 games as McGahee did as a starter all last year.

Last year when he first got the starting job, people kept saying he was just running over cake defenses like HOU, etc. . . , until he trampled Denver, New York, Dallas, and San Diego consecutively for an average of 145 yard and 2 TDs/game (all of whom were top rush defenses at the time). I'm not saying LJ is a lock to be the top RB, LT and SA both hove strong arguments, but if I had the 1st pick, LJ would be definitely be it. He's hungry, talented, and has something to prove, and he's still got a good O-Line, and he's the youngest and healthiest of the bunch.

http://www.footballguys.com/viewranking ... owrecent=7
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:38 am

redraft I like LJ because I think with that offensive line I dont know how you cant put up great numbers.

dynasty/keeper I got LT because he has shown great consitency and I think most talent RB in the game and im confident Rivers wont be a total bust
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Riiiight

Postby DraftDodger » Sun May 21, 2006 1:09 am

>>>
im confident Rivers wont be a total bust
<<<

How can you have confidence in a guy who's had 30 pass attempts in the NFL?

He doesn't even have any WRs.

Sorry, Rivers has had close to zero playing time, and this will be like a rookie year for him. He'll make mistakes, and that will take the ball out of Tomlinson's hands.

LT2 will be third at best. Realistically he might drop to 6th or 7th in RB fantasy points. I'd feel a lot safer with Edge, Portis, or Tiki (though I wouldn't pass on LT2 for any of them.)
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Re: Riiiight

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun May 21, 2006 1:12 am

DraftDodger wrote:>>>
im confident Rivers wont be a total bust
<<<

How can you have confidence in a guy who's had 30 pass attempts in the NFL?

He doesn't even have any WRs.

Sorry, Rivers has had close to zero playing time, and this will be like a rookie year for him. He'll make mistakes, and that will take the ball out of Tomlinson's hands.

LT2 will be third at best. Realistically he might drop to 6th or 7th in RB fantasy points. I'd feel a lot safer with Edge, Portis, or Tiki (though I wouldn't pass on LT2 for any of them.)

I know he will be pretty much be a rookie which is why I said I had LT ranked higher in a dynasty/keeper which Rivers obviously wont be a rookie forever...
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk