Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo polls have LT as undisputed king

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Riiiight

Postby DraftDodger » Mon May 22, 2006 10:21 am

Twisted Sister wrote:All I have to say - Tiki Barber in Eli's first 2 years. Eli was HORRIBLE his rookie season... and Tiki Barber was $$$$$$$.

Eli was mediocre 2nd season, and Tiki was $$$$$$$

The elite backs will produce, don't overthink the QB situation.

LT is my #1... he is PROVEN year-in and year-out... through good QB play and bad.

IMO - he is also the safest pick of the three because of his multi-faceted game play (running, receiving, and occassional passing).

Twisted Sister, what color is the sky in your world? Last year Eli was 5th in passing yards and 6th in TD passes and you call his season mediocre???

In '04 you're overlooking the fact that Warner started 9 games. Over that 9-game stretch, Tiki had 6 games of 100+ yards and 10 total TD's. Over Eli's 7 games, Tiki had only 3 100+ games and only 5 total TDs.

There was a visible dropoff in Tiki's production when the rookie QB stepped in (and don't kid yourself, Rivers is little more than a rookie.)

Tiki avg with Warner: 103 rushing, 51 receiving, 1.10 TDs
Tiki avg with Manning: 84 rushing, 16 receiving, .71 TDs

Comparing Rivers and LT2 to the Losman/McGahee situation might not be all that far off the mark.

The elite backs will produce, but they'll produce much better in favorable situations. LT2 does not rank ahead of LJ or Alexander. End of story.
Last edited by DraftDodger on Mon May 22, 2006 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon May 22, 2006 10:39 am

Oh that's the end of the story?

[sarcasm]Lock this one mods.[/sarcasm]
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DraftDodger » Mon May 22, 2006 10:50 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Oh that's the end of the story?

[sarcasm]Lock this one mods.[/sarcasm]

LOL, you're right of course. Hindsight at the end of the season will determine how we should've drafted. Going by potential production, I think LJ and Alexander are better picks. Lots of FF players will go with the 'safe' pick in LT2. I'm just trying to point out that he may not be as 'safe' as some people would like to think. The #4 to #8 picks will probably be the safest in fantasy drafts.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon May 22, 2006 11:02 am

Twisted Sister, what color is the sky in your world? Last year Eli was 5th in passing yards and 6th in TD passes and you call his season mediocre???

In terms of NFL defenses putting together game plans against the Giants offense... shutting down Barber was #1 priority for the past 2 years. Eli was very inconsistent last year... boom or bust type games.

In aggregate, his stats may look good... but the weekly (and actual in-game play) will reveal a different story.

In terms of your referenced stats:

Eli was full-time starter since week 11 2004 against Eagles. From Weeks 11-17 Tiki had 5 100yard + games out of 7 with 5 TDs. (Pro-rated = 1600 yards and 12 TDs.)

Oh and your forgetting that it was against a BRUTAL defensive schedule in 2004... Atlanta, Eagles, Baltimore, Pitt, Washington, Cincy (doesn't count) and Dallas... wouldn't you say?

I don't want to get bogged down in stats... if Tiki can do it, LT can (and has) do it.

I can understand people being high on LJ, but LT is my #1 pick that I can take to the bank.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon May 22, 2006 12:21 pm

D3C4K wrote:Bottom line, there is no "wrong" choice between LT, SA or LJ. You're going to get a dominant force in either case.

I would argue that since Shaun Alexander rarely catches passes, in points-per-reception leagues, L. Tomlinson and Larry Johnson should be ranked ahead of him.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby D3C4K » Mon May 22, 2006 2:38 pm

The Lung wrote:
D3C4K wrote:Bottom line, there is no "wrong" choice between LT, SA or LJ. You're going to get a dominant force in either case.

I would argue that since Shaun Alexander rarely catches passes, in points-per-reception leagues, L. Tomlinson and Larry Johnson should be ranked ahead of him.

And in points-per-reception leagues, I would agree. ;-D Oh, and thanks for reading my post :-b .
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas