How do i set up new dynasty league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How do i set up new dynasty league

Moderator: Football Moderators

How do i set up new dynasty league

Postby kyle2270 » Sat May 20, 2006 2:29 pm

I have been running a redraft league for a couple years now. I have a few nuts as myself and want to expand. I am looking to start a dyansty league, with salaries, salary caps, raises, only can keep a certain player for "x" amount of time, or whatever. Does anyone have any advice on what rules should be in place. I was trying to duplicate reality as much I could. For example, everyone has a salary, now they get set % in raises but would like to add a bonus if they really out produce there previous years stats, i.e. Steve Smith 2 yrs ago was good, but then exploded so he would get his set % raise, then 1 more % on top of that. This may make the owner have to make some decisions if it bumps him over the salary cap. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Sat May 20, 2006 2:39 pm

some places will host your leagues for $$ and then you tell them what settings you want. myfantasyleague.com is a place to look at. antsports.com is another. i'm sure there are others.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sat May 20, 2006 9:13 pm

you can always check the classified section of the cafe....people are always running dynasty leagues here in the cafe.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kyle2270 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 pm

Thanks for the answers, but I am not really looking for a site to use, but what r some good rules or guidelines to follow. Like roster size, should u limit the number of years a player can b on one team? should u stay away from IDP's, trade limitations if any? thanks again.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Sun May 21, 2006 10:20 pm

kyle2270 wrote:Thanks for the answers, but I am not really looking for a site to use, but what r some good rules or guidelines to follow. Like roster size, should u limit the number of years a player can b on one team? should u stay away from IDP's, trade limitations if any? thanks again.

http://www.clan-loh.com/dynasty/rules.php
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun May 21, 2006 10:37 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
kyle2270 wrote:Thanks for the answers, but I am not really looking for a site to use, but what r some good rules or guidelines to follow. Like roster size, should u limit the number of years a player can b on one team? should u stay away from IDP's, trade limitations if any? thanks again.

http://www.clan-loh.com/dynasty/rules.php

Just so you know, if you read those rules and use any of them in your league we at the DyNasty league get a % of the annual prize money.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Dynasty Rules

Postby scsi1 » Mon May 22, 2006 6:50 am

Forward me your email to mailto:mike@dfscorp.com and I will send you out our current league rules.

With them you can run your league on Fanball or any other host site.

We have a nationwide auction/keeper league. You can easily adapt our rules to a startup league.
scsi1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kyle2270 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:25 pm

Would you like to be paid in bagels or dohnuts or the danish? Seriously, thanks alot. I quickly just read the first page and having a contract cap is excellent idea. Good luck in your Nasty league and thanks again.
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri May 26, 2006 10:28 am

Whatever you do, make sure you have homefield advantage point bonuses... the Cafe members swear by it!!! ;-7
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kyle2270 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:58 pm

Can u explain further with more detail about the "hoe field advatage points" please
kyle2270
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk