Why even bother sometimes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Why even bother sometimes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue May 23, 2006 4:49 pm

Look at the bright side (there's ALWAYS a bright side if you look for it), at least the kids share and get along! You have no idea how many kids would have snarfed that candy down and teased the other while he/she did it!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:55 am

This is why I own a Bissell Carpet Cleaner:

;-D

Although, like you less than 10 minutes after I get done using it there are stains all over the carpet :-#
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby bagobonez » Wed May 24, 2006 10:33 am

I did the same thing once. Brand spanking new carpet installed, and I walked into the house with a Route 44 Dr. Pepper from Sonic. I was kind of holding it by the lid, well not completely, but the lid popped off and made me lose my grip and it spilled into the carpet.

In my defense, I got that stain up and the next day you couldn't even tell it had happened. I thought my wife (at the time) was gonna kill me though.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dadd » Wed May 24, 2006 4:44 pm

Our carpets got stained and wore out by our kids in record time. So I removed and refinished the original hardwood underneath. Now we have nothing but wood or tile in the entire house. Of course now I worry about them falling off the bed onto the hardwood. :-o
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Wed May 24, 2006 4:49 pm

I dumped 24 oz of coffee on my brand new car. The Rug Doctor has an upholstery attachment - worked wonders. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Why even bother sometimes.

Postby Madison » Wed May 24, 2006 5:06 pm

awwchrist wrote:So in the process of getting the house ready to sell I had Chemdry come to clean our carpets.

Not more than 2 hours after Chemdry left, in a matter of 7 unsupervised, very suspiciously silent minutes, my three year old son had pilfered 7 or 8 Hershey Kisses from the kitchen counter and taken them to the frontroom. In turn, sharing them with my even less discretionary one year old son.

There are now 4 big ass chocolate stains in the middle of the rug.

Oh man, been there and done that. Sorry Aww. :-/

I think mine is worse though :-o . When my boy was around 3 years old, I went into his room one morning to wake him up and get the day started, only to find a mountain in the center of his room and him asleep on part of it. The mountain consisted of a 5 pound bag of flour all dumped out of the package, a 24 count of cheese slices all out of the wrappers, a package of hot dogs all out of the wrapper as well, and red Kool-Aid. All of those things mashed up and squished together to make the mountain. Needless to say what I did the rest of the day, and managed to completely ruin a steam cleaner in the process. :-/

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed May 24, 2006 5:21 pm

Jeez, Mad. That sounds like it would have caused a little stress. :-b

Was it at least your steam cleaner or did you have to pay to replace that too? :-P

Man, we just got our carpets cleaned today...Hope you all didn't jinx us!! :-o
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Why even bother sometimes.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 24, 2006 5:38 pm

Madison wrote:
awwchrist wrote:So in the process of getting the house ready to sell I had Chemdry come to clean our carpets.

Not more than 2 hours after Chemdry left, in a matter of 7 unsupervised, very suspiciously silent minutes, my three year old son had pilfered 7 or 8 Hershey Kisses from the kitchen counter and taken them to the frontroom. In turn, sharing them with my even less discretionary one year old son.

There are now 4 big ass chocolate stains in the middle of the rug.

Oh man, been there and done that. Sorry Aww. :-/

I think mine is worse though :-o . When my boy was around 3 years old, I went into his room one morning to wake him up and get the day started, only to find a mountain in the center of his room and him asleep on part of it. The mountain consisted of a 5 pound bag of flour all dumped out of the package, a 24 count of cheese slices all out of the wrappers, a package of hot dogs all out of the wrapper as well, and red Kool-Aid. All of those things mashed up and squished together to make the mountain. Needless to say what I did the rest of the day, and managed to completely ruin a steam cleaner in the process. :-/

Holy crap Mad! Watch out for Mad's kid! :-o :-b ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Wed May 24, 2006 6:03 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Jeez, Mad. That sounds like it would have caused a little stress. :-b

Was it at least your steam cleaner or did you have to pay to replace that too? :-P

You think? X-I Lol. :-b

Actually it was my in-laws steam cleaner. It just up and died while I was trying to clean everything up, so I took that sucker completely apart, cleaned it all up real nice, and put it back together. No go. Just dead. Totally dead. I did get lucky though, they were going to buy a new one anyway, so I didn't wind up having to buy them a new one. :-°

He's almost 8 now, and doesn't do stuff like that anymore. He just snitches candy or cookies out of the kitchen when he thinks he can get away with it (and he actually eats them instead of making mountains now! :-b ).

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk