BOTB: The Beatles vs. Bon Jovi---Beatles Win! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BOTB: The Beatles vs. Bon Jovi---Beatles Win!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opening Round Match Up

The Beatles
79%
Bon Jovi
21%

Total votes : 48

BOTB: The Beatles vs. Bon Jovi---Beatles Win!

Postby VaderFin » Mon May 22, 2006 6:54 pm

Opening round match up featuring #1 seed The Beatles vs. #64 seed Bon Jovi. It's going to be an up hill battle for any band having to face off vs The Lads From Liverpool. Voting ends Tues at 8pm est.

The Beatles

4 lads that changed the world. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr are perhaps the most famous musicians worldwide. The Beatles transcended rock and roll and became rock gods. The Beatles were formed in the late 50s and cut their teeth playing nightclubs in Hamburg, Germany. The Beatles arrived in America in 1964, debuted on the Ed Sullivan show amidst what is now called “Beatlemania”. The Beatles sound changed from album to album, and they dabbled in a bit of every genre of music. The Beatles were, by most definitions, the biggest musical act of the twentieth century, charting more than fifty top 40 hit singles in the ten years they were together and twenty-seven #1 hits in the USA & UK alone. EMI estimated that by 1985, the band had sold over one billion records worldwide. Their ballad Yesterday (written by McCartney) may be the most-covered song in the history of recorded music (about 3,000 versions of it exist). Hit singles include "Penny Lane", "Help!", "Hey Jude", "Hard Day's Night", "Let It Be" and many, many more.

Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi is an American rock music band from New Jersey. Fronted by lead singer and namesake Jon Bon Jovi, the group originally achieved large-scale success in the 1980s. Bon Jovi has proved far more durable than most 80s "hair metal" groups, blending elements of hard rock, heartland rock, and the "MTV Unplugged" style together to sustain a creative and commercially successful career well into the 2000s. Bon Jovi has sold more than 33 million albums in the United States and over 100 million albums worldwide. Hit singles include "Runaway," "Livin' On a Prayer," "You Give Love a Bad Name," "I'll Be There for You," "Never Say Goodbye," "Bad Medicine," "Lay Your Hands on Me" and "Wanted Dead or Alive."
Last edited by VaderFin on Tue May 23, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 22, 2006 7:21 pm

This should be a slaughter of epic proportions.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon May 22, 2006 7:38 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:This should be a slaughter of epic proportions.

one would hope. fab four all the way
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby knapplc » Mon May 22, 2006 7:40 pm

I voted for BON JOVI!!!!!!

OK, no I didn't. But they're still getting a raw deal.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon May 22, 2006 7:46 pm

The Beatles. Who mastered the art of being a band
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Mon May 22, 2006 7:47 pm

Poor, poor Bon Jovi.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Mon May 22, 2006 7:51 pm

Another vote for the Beatles....3D got it right, a colossal bludgeoning of an otherwise good band who doesn't hold a candle to The Beatles.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon May 22, 2006 7:52 pm

The_Captain wrote:Another vote for the Beatles....3D got it right, a colossal bludgeoning of an otherwise good band who doesn't hold a candle to The Beatles.

VERY well put. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon May 22, 2006 8:06 pm

The only way Bon Jovi has any shot would be to close voting only to New Jersey citizens.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Mon May 22, 2006 8:18 pm

i took bon jovi. I am sorry....i never really got into the whole beatles thing...they have some good tunes. But if your are going for better band...i would say bon jovi has established themselves for much longer, which is very hard to do. No arguments about paul as a solo artist either
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk