Germany or Florida 5/23/06 - ANSWERED! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Germany or Florida 5/23/06 - ANSWERED!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where did this school administration cheat to allow adults to play on their soccer team?

Poll ended at Wed May 24, 2006 9:11 am

Germany
44%
Florida
56%

Total votes : 16

Germany or Florida 5/23/06 - ANSWERED!

Postby knapplc » Tue May 23, 2006 9:11 am

The Official Germany or Florida Theme Song:
Things are sick and twisted
From too much sun and Nazis
Sex, meth, and death fetishes
Both of them have got these
Guaranteed not to bore ya
German-yyy or Florida

And now, on to our show...

SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD - The two adults being investigated by the authorities for attending a secondary-level school were athletes, officials confirmed today.

That confirmation comes as the governing athletic association reviews the records of the school’s soccer team for the last four years and other sports team for the last year, said an official.

"The athletic association knows of the situation and was told by our staff that they were unaware of the two men's ages when they were playing sports," an official said. "It is under review with the association and they will determine if the school has to forfeit the games the students played in and whether any honors earned will be taken away."

The men's names have not been released due to the pending investigation. Both were withdrawn from school recently, he said.

The 30-year-old man played soccer in 2003, 2004 and 2005, and also played on another sports team in the 2005 season.

The 23-year-old played soccer in 2002, 2003 and 2004, he said.

An official said he ran the man's name through the computer system and found that the man was 23 years old, according to the report.

The story continues later to say that the school administrators knew about these two men, and a third adult that was discovered in a broader investigation. All were in their 20s or 30s and all were playing soccer for the school.
Last edited by knapplc on Tue May 23, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue May 23, 2006 9:16 am

Florida...

(we'll see if I go 4 for 4 :-b )
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue May 23, 2006 9:22 am

GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:26 am

Well, last time I thought they were trying to trick us and I got it wrong, but that will not stop me from using the same theory this time. Soccer=World Cup=Germany.......I am going with Florida ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 23, 2006 9:35 am

:-? i voted for Germany figuring only zee Germans would be soccer-crazy enough to do this...but if it was a German article wouldnt it say "football" instead of "soccer", although if it's US written they would just call it soccer

Germany i guess
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue May 23, 2006 9:37 am

Dan Lambskin wrote::-? i voted for Germany figuring only zee Germans would be soccer-crazy enough to do this...but if it was a German article wouldnt it say "football" instead of "soccer", although if it's US written they would just call it soccer

Germany i guess

Or I could have taken out all references to "football" and put in the word "soccer." Or I could have left it as it was.

I'm SO tricky!!! }:-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue May 23, 2006 9:49 am

i have read a story like this before...it was a high school football team, and the coach brought in some college players to help fill out his roster. they were destroying people...that is, until they were caught. long story short, only americans are this underhanded when it comes to sports involving their children.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Tue May 23, 2006 9:52 am

moonhead wrote:i have read a story like this before...it was a high school football team, and the coach brought in some college players to help fill out his roster. they were destroying people...that is, until they were caught. long story short, only americans are this underhanded when it comes to sports involving their children.

That just happened last season, didn't it? I remember that story. The coach's reply was like, "Sorry?" It was completely intentional, as is the case here.

And no, the Germans aren't underhanded enough to do something like this. They aren't underhanded at all. ;-7
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Tue May 23, 2006 9:56 am

Floridians are nice, honorable, respectable, law abiding citizens. GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! }:-)
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue May 23, 2006 10:00 am

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:i have read a story like this before...it was a high school football team, and the coach brought in some college players to help fill out his roster. they were destroying people...that is, until they were caught. long story short, only americans are this underhanded when it comes to sports involving their children.

That just happened last season, didn't it? I remember that story. The coach's reply was like, "Sorry?" It was completely intentional, as is the case here.

And no, the Germans aren't underhanded enough to do something like this. They aren't underhanded at all. ;-7

not when it comes to sports and children. but when it comes to starting wars...there is no one quite like a german.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Next

Return to General Talk