Troy Walters Signs With Cardinals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Indianapolis Colts

Troy Walters Signs With Cardinals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Troy Walters Signs With Cardinals

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue May 23, 2006 7:12 pm

Old news, but I hadn't heard about it until today. I'm rather bummed to see the little guy leave the Colts. He was a welcome addition to our recieving core and a solid return man.

Cardinals sign Walters, Brewer

Tempe, AZ (Sports Network) - The Arizona Cardinals inked safety Jack Brewer and wide receiver Troy Walters to one-year contracts on Friday.

Walters played in all 16 games for the high-powered Indianapolis Colts last season, posting 14 catches for 152 yards and three touchdowns. The 5-foot-7 wideout also was a threat in the return game, racking up 172 punt return yards on 21 attempts.

For his career, Walters has appeared in 70 regular-season contests (six starts) and eight playoff games over his six-year NFL career. The Stanford product has 70 career receptions for 825 yards and six touchdowns. Walters spent four seasons in Indianapolis after being picked up off waivers from the Minnesota Vikings on March 1, 2002.

Brewer played in six games at safety and on special teams for the Philadelphia Eagles last season after signing as a free agent on November 16. He totaled 15 special teams tackles and one tackle on defense.

The Minnesota product has appeared in 40 regular-season games (one start) during his four-year NFL career. He played two seasons with the Vikings (2002-03) and was claimed off waivers by the New York Giants in 2004, where he played in 13 games.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue May 23, 2006 8:03 pm

5-7? I know steve smith has success, but i would let the cards take their chances on that short of a receiver. :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue May 23, 2006 10:02 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:5-7? I know steve smith has success, but i would let the cards take their chances on that short of a receiver. :-b

Though he was short, Walters provided the Colts with very nice depth at wideout and he was a very productive punt returner. I don't think anyone is looking at Troy Walters to become the next Steve Smith.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Indianapolis Colts