BOTB: R.E.M. vs. The Beastie Boys--The Beastie Boys Win! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BOTB: R.E.M. vs. The Beastie Boys--The Beastie Boys Win!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opening Round Match Up

R.E.M.
35%
The Beastie Boys
65%

Total votes : 40

Postby gogogadget » Wed May 24, 2006 6:41 am

I went with R.E.M.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Wed May 24, 2006 8:22 am

knapplc wrote:REM without question. They made the college music scene what it is today. The Beasties followed along in the footsteps of others - REM were pioneers of their genre.
No way Beastie Boys followed in tohers steps. They helped Pioneer rap, and they did their own thing with rap. That statement is just a lie.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed May 24, 2006 8:46 am

Tiki wrote:
knapplc wrote:REM without question. They made the college music scene what it is today. The Beasties followed along in the footsteps of others - REM were pioneers of their genre.
No way Beastie Boys followed in tohers steps. They helped Pioneer rap, and they did their own thing with rap. That statement is just a lie.

So you're saying rap didn't exist before the Beasties created it? You know that's not true. All the Beasties did was make it more acceptable to Whites because they're White (well, that's not all they did, but that was their major contribution).

When I think of Rap pioneers I think of Grandmaster Flash, The Sugarhill Gang and Run-D.M.C., not the Beasties.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed May 24, 2006 9:00 am

knapplc wrote:
Tiki wrote:

So you're saying rap didn't exist before the Beasties created it? You know that's not true. All the Beasties did was make it more acceptable to Whites because they're White (well, that's not all they did, but that was their major contribution).

When I think of Rap pioneers I think of Grandmaster Flash, The Sugarhill Gang and Run-D.M.C., not the Beasties.

Knapplc = Rap History Expert
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:05 am

Never did care for REM but I do like a few of their songs. I do like and have owned BB's CDs. I vote Beastie Boys ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 24, 2006 9:24 am

i went with REM. Liscense to Ill is great, but the Beasties really annoy me now. REM i can listen to and not get sick of

also, one of the criteria was that the Bands had to play their own instruments. do/did the Beasties do that?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 24, 2006 9:36 am

Ironically I'm listening to old REM, but I definitely have to go with the Beasties here. One of my alltime favorites. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby VaderFin » Wed May 24, 2006 9:45 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i went with REM. Liscense to Ill is great, but the Beasties really annoy me now. REM i can listen to and not get sick of

also, one of the criteria was that the Bands had to play their own instruments. do/did the Beasties do that?

They don't always but they have enought to qualify. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Horizons » Wed May 24, 2006 10:13 am

Went with The Beastie Boys, I liked their tunes.
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby xted30 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:53 am

Ma Bell... I got the Ill communication. Beastie Boys it is.
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk