Taylor Hicks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Taylor Hicks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu May 25, 2006 11:56 pm

ironman wrote:
DelhommesFan1 wrote:maybe katherine mcphee will go ahead and pose for playboy and get her career rolling

I'd suspect Kellie Pickler would be more likely to go that route.

I'd like to see either ;-D

Mellisa or whatever her name is who went out near the beginning of the final 12 could also be an excellent candidate.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 26, 2006 1:06 am

I didn't watch any of this show, so my opinion probably doesn't matter or make any sense. But, here's what I think:

I don't think this guy goes anywhere. At best this dude is Barry Manilow for like 2 years. His first record will sell like hotcakes, but that'll be it. Guys don't go anywhere on that show. That Ruben dude won, and he's old news. Justin whats-his-face and Aiken are not talked about anymore either. That Bo guy has like one song, but that'll be it for him.

Clarkson and Underwood are hot chicks...they are going strong...big news there. :-? They'll produce many more hit records before they're done. This McPhee or whatever her name is will have a better career than Taylor Hicks...I guarantee it.

The next Idol winner will be a hot chick...I'm already seeing the pattern. O:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri May 26, 2006 6:44 am

moonhead wrote:first off, if you watch american idol it's time to get your wool shaved off. and secondly, find something else to do with your time. christ! :-P

I agree. your 2 hours each week would be better served by watch the snow when you turn your TV to a channel with no station on it.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby knapplc » Fri May 26, 2006 10:23 am

houstonherdfan wrote:
moonhead wrote:first off, if you watch american idol it's time to get your wool shaved off. and secondly, find something else to do with your time. christ! :-P

I agree. your 2 hours each week would be better served by watch the snow when you turn your TV to a channel with no station on it.

You know that the "snow" is actually an echo from the Big Bang, right?

Anyone who watched television before the days of cable, or who still gets a TV signal out of the air, remembers "snow"--the salt-and-peppery visual static that filled the screen when a set was tuned to a weak or nonbroad-casting channel. Nobody ever gave it much thought, except to curse at it; those who did figured it was some electronic noise in the picture tube, or maybe a distant station, coming through so feebly that the picture had disintegrated.

But at least some of those electronic crackles were and are something much more important than that. They're a message from the birth of the universe--a detailed record of the beginnings of space and time, and of the subsequent evolution of the cosmos. Every minute of every day, the Earth is bombarded with a barrage of photons, the particle-like building blocks of electromagnetic radiation. Most of these come from the Sun and the stars; they were emitted anywhere from today to a few thousand years ago. The photons that help wash out the Today Show and Sesame Street, though, are thousands of times older. They are by far the oldest radiation in the universe--the electromagnetic echo of the Big Bang itself.

A little off the subject, but interesting nonetheless. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 26, 2006 10:26 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
ironman wrote:
DelhommesFan1 wrote:maybe katherine mcphee will go ahead and pose for playboy and get her career rolling

I'd suspect Kellie Pickler would be more likely to go that route.

I'd like to see either ;-D

Mellisa or whatever her name is who went out near the beginning of the final 12 could also be an excellent candidate.

oh yeah, she wasnt has pretty but had a killer body :-L
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Sat May 27, 2006 12:34 am

Psssh, Moon I don't know where you're coming from but you need to shut up. Knockin' on people for no reason. People like different things, that idea shouldn't be that foreign to you. :-t
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk