Where will Carson Palmer be drafted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where will Carson Palmer be drafted

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where will Carson Palmer be drafted

Postby bagobonez » Thu May 25, 2006 12:38 pm

Obviously if there was a guarantee that Carson Palmer would be healthy for the opener, he'd be a lock for the top 5. But seeing as how he's not guaranteed to be healthy for the opener, and there's no guarantee that there won't be lingering effects throughout the early part of the season... where does this put him on your cheat sheets?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JStein » Thu May 25, 2006 12:48 pm

If he's there, I'm taking a chance on him as number two behind Peyton Manning. That offense that Lewis has going is way too good to pass up on Carson - his arm, at least, wasn't affected, and that's what he won games with. Sure, he does need mobility to roll out of the pocket if need be, but I'm pretty confident that that O-line will protect him very well.
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu May 25, 2006 1:17 pm

Carson Palmer is the new Peyton Manning. You can be rest assured he will be drafted right near where Peyton is going. In other words, way too freakin' high.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BigBadBrawler » Thu May 25, 2006 1:38 pm

On my cheat sheets, I have him ranked as the #2 QB but I base that on the stats I think he'll put up plus the stats I plan to get using my back-up for the first couple of games. It doesn't really matter in my case though, because he's being taken much earlier than I would be willing to reach for him, so I won't end up with him in my leagues anyways.
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby terpfan » Thu May 25, 2006 1:55 pm

Not a decision Im planning on making for sure untill later. He could be anywhere from 2-5 or so for me right now. It probably wont end up mattering anyway because I rarely take QBs before the 5th.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Where will Carson Palmer be drafted

Postby moonhead » Thu May 25, 2006 1:59 pm

bagobonez wrote:Obviously if there was a guarantee that Carson Palmer would be healthy for the opener, he'd be a lock for the top 5. But seeing as how he's not guaranteed to be healthy for the opener, and there's no guarantee that there won't be lingering effects throughout the early part of the season... where does this put him on your cheat sheets?

top 5 pick?
top 5 QB?
top 5 rounds?

i'd stay away from palmer this year. i don't think you can get him for good value. he's going to go way too high for a guy coming off a pretty serious leg injury.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:03 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Carson Palmer is the new Peyton Manning. You can be rest assured he will be drafted right near where Peyton is going. In other words, way too freakin' high.

im in one league where palmer went before manning. trust me: if you want him, you better be willing to spend a late 2nd-early 3rd round pick on him.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby catch22 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:29 pm

I wouldnt take him untill the fith. Too much risk for me. I agree someone will draft him high. I would expect him to go in the third.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Thu May 25, 2006 2:34 pm

I am not able to give an unbiased opinion on the subject...But...

Carson looked pretty darn good at camps doing sprints up the sideline...He's taking 5 step drops fine....Obviously no contact yet....But so soon after surgery, it's astonishing what he is doing....I'm gonna start calling him Wolverine at the rate he is healing :-b

I rarely take QBs early, but at worst, Carson is a 3rd rounder this year....Let training camps run their course in June/July and see how he's doing....My prediction is that Carson is a 2nd rounder in the greater majority of standard drafts that take place in July....

He will not be rushed back, he will only play if he is ready...but Coach Lewis fully expects him to be the Week 1 starter vs the Chiefs....

"(May 17, 2006) -- Slowly but surely, it is looking as if Carson Palmer is going from the Bengals' chief concern to the Chiefs'.

During the past two days of the Bengals' Organized Team Activities, Palmer was on the field and moving in a way that few would have expected after he tore his left anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament Jan. 8 during a playoff loss to Pittsburgh.

On May 16, according to Bengals witnesses, Palmer zigzagged through four pads to his left, zigzagged back through the same four pads to his right and began rifling the football in the way Cincinnati has become accustomed to seeing. After watching Palmer work out, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said he fully expected his quarterback to be ready for Cincinnati's regular-season opener Sept. 10 at Kansas City.

Then, Palmer will be Kansas City's chief concern.

Today, the Bengals scaled back Palmer's on-field work, knowing there is no need to push him and being sufficiently satisfied with what they already had seen.

Now there are no guarantees, and Palmer always could suffer some type of setback to what was a significant knee injury that required reconstructive surgery. But the early-spring reports are that Palmer will be ready for the regular-season opener.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu May 25, 2006 3:24 pm

Dynasty he is clearly the #2 QB. You should take him in the 3rd if you want any chance for him, and he can go as high as the early 2nd if someone is high on him. I got him at 4.4 in one dynasty league and think I got lucky. Redraft I could see him dropping to 5th or 6th round in some drafts, if people play it too safe. Then again, other top guys like McNabb and Bulger are also coming off of injury, and ones that more directly go towards their throwing, so there's not many safe QB picks.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk