Where will Carson Palmer be drafted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where will Carson Palmer be drafted

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Thu May 25, 2006 7:05 pm

Yeah 2nd round is way too high. I don't even know that I'd take Peyton that early. Too many good QB's in this league to be reaching like that.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Thu May 25, 2006 7:27 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Carson Palmer is the new Peyton Manning. You can be rest assured he will be drafted right near where Peyton is going. In other words, way too freakin' high.

im in one league where palmer went before manning. trust me: if you want him, you better be willing to spend a late 2nd-early 3rd round pick on him.

Yeah, that was pretty nice. He grabbed Carson over Peyton and I grabbed Peyton at 2.10. :-D
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby D3C4K » Thu May 25, 2006 8:24 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:You can be rest assured he will be drafted right near where Peyton is going. In other words, way too freakin' high.

End of story.
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:04 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Carson Palmer is the new Peyton Manning. You can be rest assured he will be drafted right near where Peyton is going. In other words, way too freakin' high.

Actually, I've seen him go for great value, sometimes slipping to late 3rd round in dynasty drafts. Especially in dynasties, that is incredible value. late 2nd early 3rd is where he should go in most drafts, unlike Manning who was going 1st overall. Huge difference even if only spending an early 2nd rounder on him.

Of course I picked him 2.1 in a dynasty draft this year, but to be fair we can start 2 QBs, kinda skews things a bit.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 26, 2006 3:44 am

Gonna be tough to gauge what to do with him for redrafts this year...as the season gets closer it'll be easier to tell. If he looks ready for week 1, he's going to be taken in the 3rd round at the latest. If he's going to miss 3-4 games, then he might drop to the 5th and be a pretty good bargain.

QB's are so hard to place in rankings because random ones end up only being 40-50 total points apart from them by the end of the year. Guys that are consistent scorers like Manning, Palmer, and Bulger (when healthy) are worth higher picks, but it's still hard for me to want to take a QB before round 5. It's much nicer to wait until round 8 or 9 and find someone you think will break out or someone who is undervalued. Plus you know there will be a random QB that will rock the house that you may be able to pick off the waiver wire... ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri May 26, 2006 3:47 am

4-6 in an 8 teamer, late 3 to 5 in 12.

The shoulder will scare most, but someone will always take a chance.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby xted30 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:27 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:4-6 in an 8 teamer, late 3 to 5 in 12.

You do mean the LEG, right? :-?
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JStein » Fri May 26, 2006 1:33 pm

xted30 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:4-6 in an 8 teamer, late 3 to 5 in 12.

You do mean the LEG, right? :-?

Nope - of course he means the ARM :). Carson Palmer's arm was enough to scare most of the league last season :D. (j/k, I know what he meant - "scare" as in injury scare).
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bdrotoronto » Fri May 26, 2006 1:48 pm

There is a lot of depth at the QB position this year, and after Manning most of them are projected to be very similar. That said, Palmer is clearly capable of out-performing nearly all of them for the portions of the season that he is healthy.

Palmer should probably still be a relatively high pick, the key for anybody who drafts him is to select a good #2 QB that they feel confident can play well for them in the first few weeks of the season. And there should be several startable options available late in most drafts.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Fri May 26, 2006 4:42 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Gonna be tough to gauge what to do with him for redrafts this year...as the season gets closer it'll be easier to tell. If he looks ready for week 1, he's going to be taken in the 3rd round at the latest. If he's going to miss 3-4 games, then he might drop to the 5th and be a pretty good bargain.

QB's are so hard to place in rankings because random ones end up only being 40-50 total points apart from them by the end of the year. Guys that are consistent scorers like Manning, Palmer, and Bulger (when healthy) are worth higher picks, but it's still hard for me to want to take a QB before round 5. It's much nicer to wait until round 8 or 9 and find someone you think will break out or someone who is undervalued. Plus you know there will be a random QB that will rock the house that you may be able to pick off the waiver wire... ;-D

Is that avatar necessary? lol
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk