BOTB: Cream vs. Duran Duran--Cream Wins! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BOTB: Cream vs. Duran Duran--Cream Wins!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opening Round Match Up

Cream
53%
Duran Duran
48%

Total votes : 40

BOTB: Cream vs. Duran Duran--Cream Wins!

Postby VaderFin » Thu May 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Opening Round Match Up featuring #29 seed Cream vs. #36 seed Duran Duran. 2 totally different styles + 2 close seed = 1 tight battle. Voting ends Friday at 8pm EST.

Cream

Cream is celebrated as one of the first great power trios and supergroups of rock. Their sound was characterised by a melange of blues and psychedelia, combining Clapton's mastery of the genre with the airy voice of Jack Bruce and the manic tempo changes of Ginger Baker. Cream epitomised the high energy sound of the time, anchored in a familiar blues style; from the traditional blues classics such as "Crossroads" and "Born Under a Bad Sign," through more eccentric imagery found in "Strange Brew" and "Tales of Brave Ulysses," and culminating in the protracted indulgences of "Spoonful" and "Toad". Their biggest hits were "I Feel Free", "Sunshine of Your Love", "White Room", "Crossroads", and "Badge".

Duran Duran

Duran Duran are a New Wave music band, often classified into the aggregate "80s rock" genre and notable for a long series of catchy, synthesizer-driven hit singles and vivid music videos. Duran Duran was created by Nick Rhodes (keyboards) and John Taylor (bass), with the later addition of Roger Taylor (drums), Andy Taylor (guitar), and Simon Le Bon (lead vocals). The band have sold well over 70 million records worldwide, and have had eighteen singles in the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and thirty in the Top 40 of the UK Singles Chart, including "Rio", "Hungry Like the Wolf", "Save a Prayer", "Is There Something I Should Know?", "The Reflex" and the James Bond theme "A View to a Kill" in the 1980s, "Ordinary World" and "Come Undone" in the early 1990s, and "Sunrise" and "What Happens Tomorrow" in the 2000s. In February 1984, they won two Grammy awards in the brand-new Long Form and Short Form music video categories.
Last edited by VaderFin on Fri May 26, 2006 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu May 25, 2006 5:40 pm

The Title of this could easily be misconceived to be a Battle of the Cafer's (creamdoor vs DDD) :-b

i went with Duran Duran just because i've never heard Cream :-/
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu May 25, 2006 5:59 pm

cream is one of my favorite bands. clapton, bruce, baker! an incredible line up. before clapton learned how to sing...but was still an incredible guitar master. i hope this isn't as close as it started out.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Popcynical » Thu May 25, 2006 6:10 pm

Cream. No contest in my eyes.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Thu May 25, 2006 6:18 pm

Cream...Clapton is genius ;-D

Sorry 3D :-b
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby maddog60 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:20 pm

On Clapton alone Cream wins this.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Thu May 25, 2006 6:27 pm

Do I go talent of musician or songs I would rather listen to? In the end I'm going to go with Duran Duran because I enjoy their songs more.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu May 25, 2006 6:53 pm

Duran Duran, naturally. :-b Tough matchup, but I'm hoping DD can pull this one out.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Thu May 25, 2006 6:54 pm

DD. i know cream has a big legacy but i liked alot of DD's songs back in the 80's.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 25, 2006 6:55 pm

Cream...sorry DDD but I was surprised to see Duran Duran even make the cut.

PS: Looks like you called upon those multiple accounts to vote for Duran Duran 7 times. :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Next

Return to General Talk