General Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

General Discussion

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: General Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Flux wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Does Flux know that we started? Have you guys (Cappy & MSB) talked to him? I know he's only been on the clock a few hours...I was just curious because he's the only one who hasn't been around the Cafe for a while that didn't post on flea. :-o :-b ;-) ;-D

I like to make a big entrance :-D

:-b I knew I shouldn't have doubted Mr. Flux! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:42 pm

how come "Something Witty (logan)" is listed after me in the rounds 2-4 threads?

I dont think I traded away those picks, but you never know :-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm stoked about my trade and pick.

Im dying at QB and WR, so getting Flacco and AJ Green is as good as I could have hoped for. I was torn at #2, and probably would have taken Thomas just to hoard RBs.

Also, judging by Cap's quick response to a trade, I'm certain hes happy moving his #3 QB to ensure landing Jones.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:27 pm

Flux trades back and gets the guy he probably wanted the whole time. Nice trade and selection. It was hard passing on him.

I can't blame Cap for leap-frogging me. He probably thought I was going WR...again. Nice trade-up to secure him.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 pm

This is why I love rookie drafts and dynasty leagues. The rookie draft can be so unpredictable. I was very happy to see Williams fall to me. I need RB's badly, and I was targeting one in the 1st. I figured it would be between Thomas & Williams. While Thomas has an easier path to becoming the starter, I like Williams a little bit more. :-) ;-D

I was a little surprised that Cappy traded up to get Jones instead of Green. Any reason why you like Jones better? Did the "no ppr" have an effect? We all know that almost no rookie pick is a lock, but Green hasn't lasted that long in most rookie drafts that I've seen. I was beginning to think that he might fall to me! Even though I was planning on going RB in the 1st, I would've picked Green just as fast as I picked Williams. ;-D

I think Flux did a great job filling his starting QB need AND still getting Green. I hope the trade works out for both of you! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:49 pm

The guy I wanted here, is having some issues. So I had to go back to the drawing board and rethink who I wanted. I battled in my head over a couple of guys and picked Little. Still having some doubts about it, but now I have to live with it. Hope round 2 isn't that hard. :-b
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The_Captain » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:35 pm

jayday wrote:Flux trades back and gets the guy he probably wanted the whole time. Nice trade and selection. It was hard passing on him.

I can't blame Cap for leap-frogging me. He probably thought I was going WR...again. Nice trade-up to secure him.

Thanks Jayday - Flux would've had Green at the #2 pick (figuring Cruzer was going RB first), but I needed WR help badly so the trade made sense to me to grab one of the top WR's. Plus moving Flacco was beneficial for both Flux and me since I have Vick and Kolb.

flotsamnjetsam wrote:This is why I love rookie drafts and dynasty leagues. The rookie draft can be so unpredictable. I was very happy to see Williams fall to me. I need RB's badly, and I was targeting one in the 1st. I figured it would be between Thomas & Williams. While Thomas has an easier path to becoming the starter, I like Williams a little bit more. :-) ;-D

I was a little surprised that Cappy traded up to get Jones instead of Green. Any reason why you like Jones better? Did the "no ppr" have an effect? We all know that almost no rookie pick is a lock, but Green hasn't lasted that long in most rookie drafts that I've seen. I was beginning to think that he might fall to me! Even though I was planning on going RB in the 1st, I would've picked Green just as fast as I picked Williams. ;-D

I think Flux did a great job filling his starting QB need AND still getting Green. I hope the trade works out for both of you! ;-D

jayday wrote:Flux trades back and gets the guy he probably wanted the whole time. Nice trade and selection. It was hard passing on him.

Great question, no real reason, but the decision came down to what my needs were. I am pretty loaded at RB right now and my immediate need was to get another WR to go with Johnson and Johnson. The decision to snag Jones over Green came down to offenses and QB's and really who I thought could help me immediately. I'm not confident in Cincy's QB situation and I think either Jordan Palmer or Dalton will have some effect on Green's fantasy numbers. Both Jones and Green will have their pros and cons, but Jones situation in Atlanta tilted the scale to take him over Green.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:30 pm

I got an email from Dolfin:

I'll be able to pick in both around 8 ~ 9 pm et when I get my hotel.

He said "both" because he's also up in the CA draft. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Dolfin99 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Jut got to my hotel, working on my pick now. ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jayday » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:29 am

I had three guys in mind for my second round pick. I went with "need" over best player available as I'm very thin at QB. Probably a slight reach for Dalton, but I'm happy to have him.

I'm interested to see where the other two that I had in mind go. Will they fall to round 3? Unlikely with this crowd...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom