No Mercy in CT Leads to Possible Suspension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

No Mercy in CT Leads to Possible Suspension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Fri May 26, 2006 5:27 pm

The other team started bitching when he called a TO before half?
That's bad sportmanship but still, why not do something about it and play with a little more fire to get back at that coach.

What are you supposed to do if you backups are better than the other crappy team's starters? My football team had a couple of blowout wins where the backups got in and scored and I think it would be unfair to stop players who normally don't get a lot of time to play down to the competition. If the guys who don't play get to score a touchdown that is a big deal and you are going to punish a team for practicing harder, playing tougher, and flat out kicking ass?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri May 26, 2006 6:38 pm

WTF??? 8-o 8-o :-t :-t
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 26, 2006 7:32 pm

Just let them play...the coaches should have enough decency to put in their second stringers once they are up by like 40 points though. Still...what can you do if they are that much better? The losing team is hopefully still trying and want to play...don't take the game away from them.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Fri May 26, 2006 8:28 pm

they need practice running up the score or having the score run up on them for when they go play in college
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 26, 2006 8:53 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:I know a better way. Suspend the coaches that lose by 50 points or more. Might motivate them not to suck.

;-D

Why don't we just not have winning and losing anymore either, just to be fair? :-P

I know you were joking but unfortunately they already do have this. :-t

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hlight=run

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat May 27, 2006 12:15 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:I know a better way. Suspend the coaches that lose by 50 points or more. Might motivate them not to suck.

;-D

Why don't we just not have winning and losing anymore either, just to be fair? :-P

I know you were joking but unfortunately they already do have this. :-t

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hlight=run

Yeah, I know. I was half-joking. It makes me sick. I'll let my 6-year old win now and then at games and such, but I'll beat him sometimes too. He gets angry when he loses, but you're supposed to. Losing sucks. He always wants to play again so he can try to beat me. There's no 'good' players anymore, because, if there were, then that would mean there were 'bad' players too, and that would just be wrong. :-[
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Fireball Express » Sun May 28, 2006 2:55 am

You lose a game by 50pts you and your team must flat out suck. You probably deserve to go home whipped and beaten, crying with your tail between your legs. I'm guessing the winning team's back ups even kicked your ass. Maybe next year you can schedule a game against that same school's JV squad.

Nothing motivates me more than losing (ok, maybe a ton of money and hot babes do). The next day at practice that losing team should be trying something different and working real hard at it. Whatever you were doing in the past wasn't working or you were just slacking. If that fails, fire that loser coach. Hire one that has a clue what to do instead of one who tries to beat up opposing assistant coaches and rent-a-cops.

Wussy rule. :-t
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun May 28, 2006 9:29 am

I also think that, in blowout games, it's a great chance for kids, who may not play in closer games, to get a chance to get on the field.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby maddog60 » Sun May 28, 2006 3:58 pm

The people this rule punishes:

1) backups on a great team. These kids hardly get to see time on the field, and blowouts are their golden opportunity to show the coach something. What happens when a coach takes out his starters and the backups are about score, but that would put them 50+ points over the other team. Does he tell that backup RB he's not allowed to run up the gut ans score a TD like he's been waiting to do all season? Or does he let his offense score, and then tell his defense to lie down, and let their opponents score? Or does he take a suspension rather than rob his players of their well-earned opportunities.

2) More than anyone this should upset the players on the losing end. I played for a crappy high school football team. At least once a year a team would blow us out by 40-50 points. That made me mad enough. It should make you mad enough losing, and fire you up if the opposing team puts their 2nd stringers in. But its still a game at that point. It's still a battle between two sets of players all of which are or should be out there trying to win. If I'm going to lose, I want to lose to someone who was competing. I don't want to have to think if that 4th quarter drive was given out of pity, I want to know every played stopped and every play made was justly earned. When you're losing like that all you have left is every individual play to try and earn something. You can't earn a victory, but you can earn some degree of respect back. This rule takes that away from losing teams.

And the !@#$s who support this rule claim its for the child's safety? Thats a steaming pile if I ever heard one.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jzfran » Sun May 28, 2006 6:25 pm

As a CT guy, I will say that Cochran, the guy this rule is geared for, is a complete jerk. He does bend the rules quite a bit, and he doesnt always play b the rules. However, he has been a very successful head coach in a few CT high schools. This rule is ridiculous though. Why? There is no point. Be a man and play better next time if you suck that bad.
jzfran
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk