D.MaCallister + W.Green = Duds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

D.MaCallister + W.Green = Duds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:58 pm

KingGhidra wrote:All of you Marvin Harrison owners should be overjoyed that Wayne had that huge game this past Sunday. Now they know that there is a credible threat on the other side of the field and are gonna focus less attention on Harrison. That's what a GOOD #2 is supposed to do. Torch you if you give too much attention to the #1.

As long as you're not 0-3 and miss the playoffs due to his bad start (thankfully, I'm not in that position though).
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Perry » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:01 pm

culboarder wrote:green is a bust....mcallister is just off to a slow start and hopefully his line will get better during the season, cuz his o-line is the only reason why he hasnt produced.

green is a bust and deuce is not?? deuce had 8 friggin yards!! that's less than 1 yard per carry! as bad as green was he had almost SIX TIMES the production as deuce? is cleveland's o-line THAT MUCH BETTER than New Orleans? SIX TIMES BETTER? if i didn't know better i'd say that you have deuce and passed on green at some point or that you have been dissin' green and supporting deuce this whole time.
Perry

Friendliness: %

Postby Harryson » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:07 pm

KingGhidra wrote:All of you Marvin Harrison owners should be overjoyed that Wayne had that huge game this past Sunday. Now they know that there is a credible threat on the other side of the field and are gonna focus less attention on Harrison. That's what a GOOD #2 is supposed to do. Torch you if you give too much attention to the #1.

i disagree. i think it'll be a long year for harrison owners. part of the reason he put up such big numbers last year was that the colts' defense was terrible and james wasn't quite james, so peyton had to play catchup a lot in the air. this year the colts defense is vastly improved and james is running better, so they won't be airing it out to harrison nearly as much this year. when you play with the lead and can run the ball, you can burn up a lot of clock.

i took coles on that same guess that washington would play catchup a lot and he would be the go to guy. so far so good. (please don't strike me down fantasy gods for saying that.)
Harryson

Postby culboarder » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:14 pm

Perry wrote:
culboarder wrote:green is a bust....mcallister is just off to a slow start and hopefully his line will get better during the season, cuz his o-line is the only reason why he hasnt produced.

green is a bust and deuce is not?? deuce had 8 friggin yards!! that's less than 1 yard per carry! as bad as green was he had almost SIX TIMES the production as deuce? is cleveland's o-line THAT MUCH BETTER than New Orleans? SIX TIMES BETTER? if i didn't know better i'd say that you have deuce and passed on green at some point or that you have been dissin' green and supporting deuce this whole time.

hey man you cant judge a player on just one game....his other games he eclipsed 100 total yards easily and had a TD the game before so mcallister is less of a bust than green...also mcallister is proven a good running back, he was the leading rusher in the NFC last year but this year his o-line just sucks horribly, he will still finish with more yards than green...way more yards.

And i dont know why people thought green was going to be so good in the first place...i mean 800 yds and 5 scores is not a good season, im sorry. plus he is one of the leagues worst goal line backs...last year when his team needed 1-2 yards in goal line situations or on 3rd and 4th downs, green was 3 for 14 in those situations. He is and will be a bust this season...just like i said before the season.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joester » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:02 pm

Yea Guys beat this..........Ive got the ultomate off to a slow start team

first 5 picks
Deuce
Harrison
Moulds
Davis
Green

2 Tds between my top 5 picks........youve got to be kidding. Tommy Maddox has saved my life though (im 2-1). All i know is when these guys get on track I am going to potent.
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:48 pm

yea its pretty obvious the guy who blasted duece, and named him a huge bust, is a william green owner
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby culboarder » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:38 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:yea its pretty obvious the guy who blasted duece, and named him a huge bust, is a william green owner

no doubt...people always do this, they try to defend someone who is doing badly and probably will continue to play horrible and they keep posting on here and saying to themselves that its only a matter of time until he gets back on track (w green owners) but they are just in denial and need to accept that w green is not as good as they thought he was.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:00 pm

Harryson wrote:

i disagree. i think it'll be a long year for harrison owners. part of the reason he put up such big numbers last year was that the colts' defense was terrible and james wasn't quite james, so peyton had to play catchup a lot in the air. this year the colts defense is vastly improved and james is running better, so they won't be airing it out to harrison nearly as much this year. when you play with the lead and can run the ball, you can burn up a lot of clock.

i took coles on that same guess that washington would play catchup a lot and he would be the go to guy. so far so good. (please don't strike me down fantasy gods for saying that.)

Harrison has put up great numbers, with or without a running game, ahead or behind, good #2 WR or bad #2 WR. It's just a slow start, give him another 2 weeks.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Perry » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:16 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:yea its pretty obvious the guy who blasted duece, and named him a huge bust, is a william green owner

steeee-rike 3! i don't have Green. i have Priest Holmes, Stephen Davis, and Moe Williams. i'm having a fun year. Deuce went first in my league, and i just thought that was a funny post because the guy with Green beat the guy with Deuce in my league because Green outscored Deuce. of course, the difference was that Green was the 3rd RB on that guy's team, while Deuce was the #1 RB on the loser's team.
Perry

Postby culboarder » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:30 pm

Perry wrote:

steeee-rike 3! i don't have Green. i have Priest Holmes, Stephen Davis, and Moe Williams. i'm having a fun year. Deuce went first in my league, and i just thought that was a funny post because the guy with Green beat the guy with Deuce in my league because Green outscored Deuce. of course, the difference was that Green was the 3rd RB on that guy's team, while Deuce was the #1 RB on the loser's team.

tell me this...who outscored who this week?? deuce had 130+ yds and a score.....Green had his usual 47 yds and that was it. Where are all the people who were sticking up for him earlier now, when heonly had 47 yds vs the bungles.....breakout game??? LMAO
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk