Armless Man Stopped For Speeding - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Armless Man Stopped For Speeding

Moderator: Football Moderators

Armless Man Stopped For Speeding

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun May 28, 2006 2:06 pm

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a ... 08?cid=936

Armless Man Stopped for Speeding
AP
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (May 25) - An armless man stopped for speeding was driving with one foot on the steering wheel and another on the pedals, a policeman testified in court.

Colin Smith, who was born without arms and has never held a driver's license, appeared in court Thursday charged with driving in a manner likely to be dangerous to the public.

The police officer who stopped Smith said the driver's seat was reclined and the armless man appeared to be using one foot to steer the car and the other to work the accelerator and brake. Smith, 31, entered no plea but said he would defend himself against the charges.

He told the court he had been driving for years, using his feet to steer, and had never had an accident.

Pretty funny. :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Sun May 28, 2006 2:27 pm

that's funny stuff.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun May 28, 2006 2:59 pm

It's not that unsafe ... how many drivers could there possibly be in New Zealand? :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jayday » Sun May 28, 2006 4:37 pm

I've seen a guy play poker with his feet....It was incredible....

But why should he not be allowed to drive? There are people with no legs that drive using hand controls....I realize hands vs feet is quite a difference, but you'd be surprised how adaptable people are when they're forced to be....In my opinion, he should be allowed to drive... ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby CC » Sun May 28, 2006 8:30 pm

jayday wrote:I've seen a guy play poker with his feet....It was incredible....

But why should he not be allowed to drive? There are people with no legs that drive using hand controls....I realize hands vs feet is quite a difference, but you'd be surprised how adaptable people are when they're forced to be....In my opinion, he should be allowed to drive... ;-D

To quote Chris Rock:

"You can drive with yo feet if you want to. That don't make it a good idea!"
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun May 28, 2006 8:31 pm

... but he never passed a driver's test. I'm not saying he can't drive, but he is legally in the wrong.

If they wouldn't let him get a license, that's another story.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Sun May 28, 2006 8:34 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:

... but he never passed a driver's test. I'm not saying he can't drive, but he is legally in the wrong.

He probably couldnt parellel park. !+)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sun May 28, 2006 8:35 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:

I somehow missed the part where he didn't have a valid liscense :-B

Well I say he should take the driver's test, pass it, and then go back about his business....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am

I drive with my thigh sometimes. I'm not flexible to get my foot up there though :-o
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon May 29, 2006 9:31 am

I think blind people should be allowed to drive cars too...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk