100+ Spots available - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

100+ Spots available

Moderator: Football Moderators

100+ Spots available

Postby Bandwagon » Mon May 29, 2006 11:49 am

"Team" Fantasy Football

e-mail me at mailto:Mark1581@yahoo.com if your interested

This is not some crazy commericial website plan of mine, this is just an honest attempt at a supersized private league and a true "Team" competition.

and its 100% free

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2006/home/84653
Bandwagon
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby on the road » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:27 pm

It looks interesting but also very confusing. I didn't follow your example:

example. (Chicago vs Green Bay, Week 1)

All Chicago owners will play against all Green Bay owners as follows.

Chicago 1 vs Green Bay 1, Chicago 2 vs Green Bay 2, Chicago 3 vs Green Bay 3, Chicago 4 vs Green Bay 4, Chicago 5 vs Green Bay 5, Chicago 6 vs Green Bay 6.

Win by overtime gets 3 points

win by 1-10 and get 6 points

win by 11-30 and get 7 points

win by 31+ and get 10 points

Where do the overtimes come in? Are these 6 seperate fantasy matchups? Are the team names just names, or do you get any sort of points if the real NFL team does well? For instance, if I were to choose a team should I pick the Colts over the Texans?
on the road
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Bandwagon » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:59 am

sry bout the confusion.

it makes no difference what team you play for, you can draft whoever you want.

your team is your team. the only thing the "bears" team will have in common is the fact that they are bears fans. If one bears team wanted to draft carson palmer and the other wanted to draft jesse palmer, then that would be just fine.

its unlikely that H2H ties will happen, but ties will be broken in individual games by a selected non-starter. with 192 individual teams and yes, a double header schedule for multiple weeks, i am sure a few games will be decided by the selected overtime player.

Thats just one H2H game though

The games that matter (well, as far as the reason for the competition) will be the "team" games.

6 individual guy/gals vs 6 other individual guys/gals

team vs team, like a dual meet

Your team 1 vs their team 1, your team 2 vs their team 2, ect, ect, ect,

its so simple yet so complicated. really at the end of the day its just you, your 16 man roster that you drafted in a normal 12 man draft, and a bunch of h2h games. your still going to be in a regular old 12 team league with normal w/l standings, a regular old waiver wire and 11 guys to out think every week, and a standard single elimination playoff bracket at the end of the year. all standard generic fantasy football stuff at the core. Just give it a shot, heck its free and has a payout. Free Money cant be bad

The confusing "team" stuff will surely start to make sense once games start being played. You will have 5 teamates (6 total on each team) that you will never compete against in the draft, cant make trades with, and never play in a H2H game. So your competing WITH your teamates and AGAINST all the other teams.

Yea, i already know some people are thinking "gee, if i get a crappy teamate, that hurts my chances" and yes, it sure does. The first volunteer of the Bears and Lions already requested to recruit their whole team without my help because of that thought.
(btw- a bad teamate would only hurt your team, it wouldent make any difference whatsoever in your own 12 team league, so anyone can still show off their individual skills..lol)
Bandwagon
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Classifieds