Blade Runner To Get Theater Re-Release - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Blade Runner To Get Theater Re-Release

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Tue May 30, 2006 1:59 pm

xted30 wrote:As much as I enjoyed the movie, the book was much better. But then, I guess that's the case most of the time. I feel like whatever someone puts on the big screen isn't always necessarily the way I saw it in my mind's eye. But it was a good flick. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Really? I thought the book was just OK. I read PKD’s original book after I had seen the movie, and since the movie was so good that may have jaded me a bit. For certain the books by Jeter were awful (although I just found out that there was a third book by Jeter that I’d never heard about before).
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby xted30 » Tue May 30, 2006 2:58 pm

knapplc wrote:
xted30 wrote:As much as I enjoyed the movie, the book was much better. But then, I guess that's the case most of the time. I feel like whatever someone puts on the big screen isn't always necessarily the way I saw it in my mind's eye. But it was a good flick. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Really? I thought the book was just OK. I read PKD’s original book after I had seen the movie, and since the movie was so good that may have jaded me a bit. For certain the books by Jeter were awful (although I just found out that there was a third book by Jeter that I’d never heard about before).

Yeah, I read the book and my mind is pretty good at placing things together, so I typically enjoy the books better. Plus, I like PKD's style oif writing, so I was really interested to keep reading. I'm not taking anything away from the movie. I thought it was great. I just like all of the little details, like descriptions of smells and feelings, that sometimes the look on an actor's face can't describe. Personal preference, though.
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Tue May 30, 2006 3:19 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Never seen it ... is that blasphemy?

Anyways, I also heard that a theatre re-release was in the works for Boondock Saints. Should be interesting to the that on the big screen. That movie is ridiculously overrated, but it's still a good movie.

Never seen Blade Runner either.
To really appreciate Boondock Saints you have to be Irish (I am and I love that movie) I don't know if I would go see it in theatres though, since I have watched it about 10 times.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue May 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Never seen it ... is that blasphemy?

Anyways, I also heard that a theatre re-release was in the works for Boondock Saints. Should be interesting to the that on the big screen. That movie is ridiculously overrated, but it's still a good movie.

Never seen Blade Runner either.
To really appreciate Boondock Saints you have to be Irish (I am and I love that movie) I don't know if I would go see it in theatres though, since I have watched it about 10 times.

If you like sci-fi at all you'll like Blade Runner. I'd wait until it comes to the theaters if you can, though. It's definitely better to see on the big screen.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed May 31, 2006 9:28 am

I wonder when they'll re-release LOTRs in the theatre?

Best trilogy of all time - sorry, but Star Wars had hit or miss sequels... all of the LOTRs were great!

They may have had hobbits, but they were much cooler than Ewoks or Jub-Jubs.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed May 31, 2006 8:01 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:I wonder when they'll re-release LOTRs in the theatre?

Best trilogy of all time - sorry, but Star Wars had hit or miss sequels... all of the LOTRs were great!

They may have had hobbits, but they were much cooler than Ewoks or Jub-Jubs.

Usually, you wait a decade or so for a re-release. And that is a rare occasion.

LOTR was just out, for crying out loud.

Oh, and while LOTR was good, the original trilogy owns. By a lot.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk