ADVANCED SIG TUT... LOFA TATUPA - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

ADVANCED SIG TUT... LOFA TATUPA

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

ADVANCED SIG TUT... LOFA TATUPA

Postby olympia0731 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:19 pm

Ok this is my second tut.....

We will be making this: Image
Step One: Open a new document, 375-100.

Step Two: Make a new layer. Reset the colors to normal pressing "D" on your key board. Next go to : Filter> Render> CLouds. Repeat this step by hitting control F on your keyboard. STop when satisfactory. I did mine 4 times. Mine looks like this:

Step Three: Now it's the time for brushing! Take out your favorite grunge brush set. I am gonna use, " stalemateisgod," Which I think I got on deviant art. Any grunge brush will work fine. Anyway, set your foreground color to white, and click once with your recently selected grunge brush. Now change brushes, and click once again. Now keep doing this untill you have gone from one side to another. Do not overbrush, because that kill's sigs. Now duplictae this layer by hitting control J on your keyboard. On your duplicated layer go to: Filter> Blur> Gaussian Blur. Select either 2-4, whatever looks the best. It should be looking really white, but that's ok, we will be brushing in black next. This is what I have:

Step Four: Now that we have our white brushing, it's time for some black brushing. Change the foreground color to black, and create a new layer. Now use the same brushing technique as we did with the white brushing. Click once, change... Ect. Then once again duplicate this layer and go to: FIlter> Blur> Gauusian Blur from 2-4. Now set the duplicated layer to overlay/ Softlight and change the opacity on the orignal black layer to like 50-70. Mine look's like this:

Step 5: Now it's time to add our render!! I am not going to go into the intricacy's of cutting and what not, but find your player, cut him out, and drag him into your sig. NOw resize ihm by hitting Control J on your keyboard. Then hold shift and drag down from the top corners. Resize your render untill he looks good.
Now it's time for some effects. Make four copies of the render. Now go to the first duplicated layer, and make your orignal invisible. Go to: Image> Adjustments> Desaturate. You won't see anything yet but you will soon. Now go the layer right above that and set it to soft light. Finally go to the top layer, set it to screen, and change the opacity to around 30-50. I Have this:

Step 5: Now this part is the crucial part to the sig, so pay close attention. Take the orignal render layer and copy. MOve that one to a different part of the Bg. Do this untill you fill the sig. Then merge them together by clicking on the top one and hitting COntrol E untill they are all one layer. Now go to: FIlter> Blur> Motion blur, with a radius of 0 and a distance of 100. now set this layer ot overlay. I have this:

Step 6: Now make a new layer and drag it under the three duplicated render layers. Go to: Image> APply Image> Standard settings. Hit ok. Now go to: FIlter> Blur> Gaussian Blur 2.5 px. Set this layer to overlay. The bg is shaping, but we need to add some lighting! Take the standard 65 px soft brush and chose white as the foreground color. Now brush around the player. Then takje the eraser tool, and set the opacity at the top to 50%. Lightly erase the really drak parts, but only if you need to. I have this:

Step 7: Now it's time to give our Bg depth. We are gonna do this by added some blended shapes. you can chose whatever color you want, but I am gonna set my foreground color to white. Now I am gonna take my Rextangle tool out, and select a small dark portion of my sig. Set it to overlay, the opacity to 50, and fill to 60. These are not madatory, do whatever looks good. Now go to edit> Transfrom> Warp and move it aorund with th eflow of your sig. Now I am gonna switch to the freeform pen tool. I am gonna make a random shape, set the blending option to soft light, and the opacity and fill to 30. I made three of these, and then made three black ones. This part is up to you. Be creative. I have this when I finish:

Step 7: Now for more depth in my Bg I am gonna add some scan lines. I am not going to explain how to make scanlines, but you should find a tut for that lower on this page. I set it to overlay, the opacity to 50, and the fill to 40. I have this:

Step 8: My sig is looking a little bright, so I am gonna darken it by addig a curves layer. CLick on your top layer. Then go to the half circle on the bottom of the layer palette. Select " Curves". Now drag the line in slightly towards the middle. I have this:

Step 9: Now I am gonna add a border. Make a new layer on top of everything. Hit control A. The go to: Edit> Stroke> 1 px black. I have this:

Step 10: It's time to add text. I suck at text, so do whatever you want here. I did this... For this type of sig grunge text looks good. I am gonna use a font called: 28 day's later, which can be found on http://www.dafont.com. I type Lofa Tatupa. and set it too soft light. Then I duplciated it. Then on a new layer I wrote seahawks, soft light duplicated. Then on the new layer I wrote 51. I have:

Step 11: Add whatever finishing touches you want, for the reason of I am tried I will not add anything.....

Final Result: Image
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:43 pm

Awesome man, I didnt read all of it, jsut because its not something I'm planning on doing, but its cool to see all the steps. Nice work.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 pm

nice tut.....lots of steps but seems pretty easy to follow. good work, and thanks for sharing ;-D

by the way...its spelled seahawks :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:22 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:nice tut.....lots of steps but seems pretty easy to follow. good work, and thanks for sharing ;-D

by the way...its spelled seahawks :-b

LOL... how did I miss that? :-B
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:27 pm

well, besides the spelling error, its a great final result. :-b ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

das

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:36 pm

pretty piiiimp

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby TheFranchise » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:03 am

I tried to follow tut, then realized it wasn't a Gimp tutorial... LOL.
TheFranchise
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby olympia0731 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:16 am

lol, sorry man can't help you there....

If you need one, pm me, and I will give you links!
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests