Go With No TE this Week??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Go With No TE this Week???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Go With No TE this Week???

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:20 am

well, this week I run into bye week trouble, my Seattle defense isn't palying this week, and I didn't have a backup. I picked up the Denver D last night at the expense of my tight end, Dallas Clark. I didn't want to cut anyone else, and I figured my best bet was to go with no tight end this week (after all, between Stevens the first two weeks and Clark last week, I have a grand total of 1 point from my TE position this SEASON).

Is there anyone here you would cut for a Tight End (like Dallas Clark, Christian Fauria, or Mikael Rhicks)

QB
Donovan McNabb*
Kerry Collins (bye)

RB
Jamal Lewis*
Fred Taylor*
Marshall Faulk (injured)
Lamar Gordon
Amos Zereoue

WR
Randy Moss*
Kevin Johnson*
Ashley Lelie*
Koren Robinson (bye)
Jimmy Smith (suspended)

TE
NONE

K
Adam Vinatieri*

DEF
Denver*
Seattle (bye)
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:23 am

the predicted starting lineup of the team I am playing this week is:

QB Jeff Garcia
RB William Green
RB Trung Candidate
WR Marvin Harrison
WR Plaxico Burress
WR Derrick Mason
TE Tony Gonzalez
K Jeff Wilkins
D Ravens D

unfortunately for me, I play against a team with one of the best tight ends in the game
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PuntinFool » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:27 am

The only two I see somewhat worth cutting are Kevin Johnson and Ashley Lelie, but even these two guys would be tough to let go. Everyone else you must hang onto. Personally, I would go with no TE since it's usually a crapshoot as to who will get a TD this week or the next. But if you feel you really want a TE then get Fauria. Brady seems to like him.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thechill » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:44 am

I would say I would try and get a TE. I hate leaving a starting roster spot open. Yes with the TE they could get you zero points, but then again they could have a good game and pull out a TD or 2. I would hate to lose by a point knowing that I didn't fill the roster spot. The only option I see you having is with the Seattle D or Amos. Personally I would hang onto Amos. RB's are to valueable in FF. So I would try and trade off Seattle for a TE. Any defense can score you decent points. Denver should serve you well for the rest of the season.

If you could get a Gonzo or Shockey for Amos I would think about a trade like that. With Lewis, Taylor and Faulk/Gordan as your backs you could spare Amos, but only for a top TE.
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Amos

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:01 am

Do not drop Lelie, he got over 100 yds and a td last night. I would drop Amos Zereoue for Kleinsasser if he is there. Culpepper likes to throw to him in the red zone.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Amos

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:21 am

M_Zimm wrote:Do not drop Lelie, he got over 100 yds and a td last night. I would drop Amos Zereoue for Kleinsasser if he is there. Culpepper likes to throw to him in the red zone.

Culpepper probably won't be in the lineup this week, and don't worry, I wouldn't drop Lelie, if I did that I would fill my TE spot but then leave a hole in the WR spot.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PuntinFool » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:13 am

Amos actually probably would be the better guy, but I picked Lelie b/c he's only had one good game against a sorry Raiders D. Compared to the other guys you've got, he's not as solid. But if he'd leave a hole then yeah, gotta hang onto him.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Go With No TE this Week???

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:19 am

brdmaverick wrote:... I didn't want to cut anyone else, and I figured my best bet was to go with no tight end this week ...

;-D
Your first thought is generally the right one.
That's what I would do.
~Da Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:31 am

I'd let go of Amos if you think he'd sit still on the waiver wire long enough for you to grab him again.

Then again, it seems as if The Bus rolled back through town last weekend...I wouldnt be surprised if Z starts losing more carries to Bettis. Wouldn't be such a loss then.

If you don't have a particularly large league you could get away with letting Z go.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tjhksig » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:00 pm

I'd go with no TE; I did it last week and the guy I would have had scored 1 point. It's really hard to pluck a TE off the wire and have him do well, most of the ones who actually may score are already taken. The average top 10 fantasy TE scores about 3 points a game using Yahoo's scoring, so it's not worth it if you're cutting a good player to MAYBE score a couple points.
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk