BOTB: U2 vs. Jefferson Airplane--U2 Wins! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BOTB: U2 vs. Jefferson Airplane--U2 Wins!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opening Round Match Up

U2
53%
Jefferson Airplane
47%

Total votes : 34

BOTB: U2 vs. Jefferson Airplane--U2 Wins!

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:54 am

Opening Round Match Up featuring #10 seed U2 vs. #55 Jefferson Airplane. Voting ends Tuesday at 10am EST.

U2

U2 are an Irish rock band featuring Bono (Paul David Hewson) on vocals, rhythm guitar, and occasionally harmonica; The Edge (David Howell Evans) on lead guitar, keyboards and backing vocals; Adam Clayton on bass guitar; and Larry Mullen, Jr. on drums and occasionally backing vocals. Founded in 1976, U2 have maintained a high level of popularity since the mid 1980s. The band has sold approximately 50.5 million albums in the U.S., according to the RIAA, and over 140 million worldwide, has had six #1 albums in the US and nine #1 albums in the UK and is one of the most successful groups of all time. Since the release of their album The Joshua Tree they have been frequently referred to as the biggest rock band in the world by fans and critics alike. The band has won 22 Grammy awards, second only to Stevie Wonder among popular music artists. The band is also politically active in human rights causes, such as the Make Poverty History campaign as well as Live Aid, Live 8, and Bono's DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa) campaign.

Jefferson Airplane

Jefferson Airplane was an American rock band from San Francisco, a pioneer of the LSD-influenced psychedelic rock movement. The band's August, 1969 performance at Woodstock is widely considered one of rock's most memorable moments. Various successor incarnations of the band have performed under different names, reflecting changing times and performer lineups, known as Jefferson Starship, and later simply Starship before becoming Jefferson Starship The Next Generation in 1991. Jefferson Airplane was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996. The band was responsible for the hits "Somebody to Love," "White Rabbit," "Miracles," "Count on Me," "We Built This City," "Sara" and "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now."
Last edited by VaderFin on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:06 am

Can't stand U2. :-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:28 am

U2 should be interesting in this tourney. To some people they are the greatest band in the world while to lots of others they are very hated. I don't think they are the greatest but I definitely like them and have a huge playlist of theirs on my iPod.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:30 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Can't stand U2. :-t

I agree, more so for me I hate Bono.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:01 am

I don't like either....So I won't be voting.... :-b
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Popcynical » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:34 am

Voted Jefferson Airplane.

I do like them more than U2.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:01 am

not a huge fan of anything U2's done in the past 10 years or so, but they should beat the Jeffersons...although White Rabbit is a great song
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:19 am

Can't stand U2, but went with them anyway. [/i]

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:28 am

I like Jefferson Airplane's Earlier hits like Jane, White Rabbit and there cover of CSNY's Wooden Ships....i would say they were overrated and i wished they never turned into Starship, but i take them over U2 anyday.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby moonhead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:36 am

gotta go with the plane. psychedelic pioneers in the san francisco scene in the mid-late sixties. but if the dead went down in the first round there is no way the plane should get out either. but bono needs an enima.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Next

Return to General Talk