BOTB: U2 vs. Jefferson Airplane--U2 Wins! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

BOTB: U2 vs. Jefferson Airplane--U2 Wins!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opening Round Match Up

U2
18
53%
Jefferson Airplane
16
47%
 
Total votes : 34

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:27 am

lmcjaho wrote:
knapplc wrote:Why? :-?

Did Bono steal your candy as a baby?


I wish he had tried so I could kick his ass and possibly prevent every U2 album after Joshua Tree... Crappy, overplayed, overhyped piece of junk band that should have died horribly a couple of decades back IMO...


Yeah, but Joshua Tree still owns.

Hey, if STP can beat the Beach Boys (for crying out loud) on the strength of one album, then I see no reason why U2 can't beat JA off of one.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby knapplc » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:35 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:
knapplc wrote:Why? :-?

Did Bono steal your candy as a baby?


I wish he had tried so I could kick his ass and possibly prevent every U2 album after Joshua Tree... Crappy, overplayed, overhyped piece of junk band that should have died horribly a couple of decades back IMO...


Yeah, but Joshua Tree still owns.

Hey, if STP can beat the Beach Boys (for crying out loud) on the strength of one album, then I see no reason why U2 can't beat JA off of one.


But Josua Tree wasn't U2's only good album. They had great music before Joshua Tree - War, Boy, October and Unforgettable Fire are all awesome albums.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby ironman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:33 am

knapplc wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:
knapplc wrote:Why? :-?

Did Bono steal your candy as a baby?


I wish he had tried so I could kick his ass and possibly prevent every U2 album after Joshua Tree... Crappy, overplayed, overhyped piece of junk band that should have died horribly a couple of decades back IMO...


Yeah, but Joshua Tree still owns.

Hey, if STP can beat the Beach Boys (for crying out loud) on the strength of one album, then I see no reason why U2 can't beat JA off of one.


But Josua Tree wasn't U2's only good album. They had great music before Joshua Tree - War, Boy, October and Unforgettable Fire are all awesome albums.


Achtung Baby was a great album too. In fact it was probably their last great album.
Image
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 805
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:00 am

ironman wrote:Achtung Baby was a great album too. In fact it was probably their last great album.


Achtung Baby was craptastic just like everything else they've put out since Joshua Tree...
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:54 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact