Read any good books lately? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Read any good books lately?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:10 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Da Vinci is way better, it beats Angels & Demons just because of that one stupid part...

While that part was a little ridiculous, I thought the part that kinda made it worse than Da Vinci to me, was....

***SPOILER ALERT***

The minute you find out the 4 cardinals are captured, you know that the Italian one will be the last one to go, and that the first three at least are going to die, because otherwise, you won't get to see the Illuminati symbols. Its such a standard plot device, where the good guys have X amount of chances to stop the villain, and in every book with that, you know they're not going to catch the guy until the last possible minute.

Maybe I just didnt like it because I've started to notice several patterns in each of Dan Brown's books that kinda make the characters less enjoyable.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:20 pm

I just started reading a Harlan Coben book, Gone For Good. Im 150 pages through and so far its quite entertaining. Seems like hes a very good mystery writer.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk