The UFC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The UFC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:15 pm

bagobonez wrote:I missed the early part of last night's TUF because I was at work. What happened with Matt?

He has all kinds of injuries, but most notably, his arm was messed up going into the fight with Mike, which is why he stood and punched with him instead of taking the fight to the ground.

Both Matt and Mike were medically unable to move onto the final, meaning that someone else had to fill the spot...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby kashikis » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:29 am

lmcjaho wrote:Oleg Taktarov (sp?) was one of the two dudes doing the killing spree on camera in 15 Minutes, and he was the partner that gets chopped up in the kitchen in Bad Boys II. He was also in a couple of others but his parts were really small but I (and I have to proudly say, my wife too) recognized him from his swollen face from all the headbutts he got/delivered in the guard in early UFC matches ;-)

your not supposed to answer your own question. I knew it.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:43 pm

The_Dude wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
The_Dude wrote:No clue about the movies...

Thoughts about last night's TUF? Unbelievable about what happened in the LHW division. This season of fighters is proving to be pretty weak. I think the eventual winners (probably Ed Herman and Michael Bisbing) will be solid, but a lot of the other guys have really ruined their careers on this show. I'd also like to see what Matt can do fighting healthy. His win over the other Mike was so freakin' sloppy, but this week we learn he was fighting with a messed up arm.

Yeah, last night's fight was kinda crappy. It just seemed like the short guy would get the other guy on the ground, then not really do anything. That may just be a result of me not konwing what it going on, but it was my take. It was obivous they both have a long way to go before they can really compete with the big names out there.

Short guy (Kalib) was obviously the better fighter, but he got hurt, gassed, and quit out there. He landed better shots on the feet, a couple of brutal elbows, had one bruising takedown and basically was owning the fight. He gassed though, which he is right to blame on Shamrock, although I think Shamrock is right that he "quit" out there (seeing Rich Franklin beat the Crow with a messed up ankle and broken wrist over 5 rounds gives you some perspective on fighting hurt). Tito is conditioning his guys much better than Ken, and there's no excuse for it.

It was actually a pretty good fight until the end of the 2nd round, but I don't think that Kendall stands a chance against a seasoned, well conditioned, and brutal GNPer like Ed Herman. But, Ed has to get by Rory first, who is well matched against Ed, because he can submit Ed from the guard - not likely to happen, but I won't be *shocked* if it does. Best semifinal fight should be next week's matchup.

The heavyweight final should be Josh against Mike B. (although who knows, we could be in for a shocker), which will be a fun finale to watch, as both guys will stand and bang hopefully - which means it will likely end with Josh KO'ed.

I do'nt know, Josh has some heavy hands. Of course Bisping has an obvious reach advantage, and if it goes to the ground Josh is all but done for. But still, one good clean shot by Josh may be all it takes.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:04 pm

Well bag, you can color me shocked if Bisbing doesn't come out the LHW winner, but stranger things have happened - Tim Sylvia is the heavyweight champ. :-b

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby The_Dude » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:36 pm

so, the finals are set... some good fights last night.

The first episode was annoying with all the pranks going on. Ed Herman is probably going to destroy Kendall Grove in the MW final, but it doesn't make him anymore likable. Rory mentally gave up... reminded me a lot of Hughes vs. Gracie.

Mike Bisping's KO of Ross Pointon was great - that flying knee was Loiseau-like... Ross did catch him by surprise early, and I think we'll see more of Ross in the UFC, just because he likes to throw.

Josh keeps on surprising me - kid seems to have no let-up in him at all, even though his skills are seemingly mediocre.

Official TUF finals predictions...

LHW: Bisping by 2nd round submission of Josh. Should be a great fight because both guys will come out swinging. Josh is a tough SOB, and I think will surprise a lot of people by going toe to toe with Mike in the first round, but Bisping just has more ways to win and will take the fight to the ground in the second and secure a RNC.

MW: Ed by unanimous decision. Ed's wrestling is solid, but his GnP leaves a lot to be desired. Kendall doesn't seem to be really dangerous anywhere, but isn't weak anywhere either (and he's a big dude). On the feet, Kendall has a significant reach advantage with both arms and legs, and Ed will need to close the gap quickly and take him down. Ed will be able to take him down, but I think he'll have a hard time advancing his position, leading to a somewhat boring 3 round lay and pray kind of fight.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The_Dude » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:42 pm

I seem to be the only one posting in this thread, and I'll quit it if no one responds to this, but in case you're a casual fan, you should know that there are two FREE live fight cards on Spike TV within the next week...

Saturday, June 24th at 9 pm (est/pst) - The Ultimate Fighter 3 Season Finale

Main Event Card:

Main Event: Kenny Florian vs. Sam Stout (155 lb matchup)

TUF3 Final @ LHW: Michael Bisping vs. Josh Haynes

TUF3 Final @ MW: Kendall Grove vs. Ed Herman

Keith Jardine Vs. Wilson Gouveia (205 lb matchup)

Undercard (they only guarantee the top 3 fights will be televised... if one ends quickly, then they'll insert a taped fight from earlier).

Ross Pointon Vs. Rory Singer
Danny Abbadi Vs. Kalib Starnes
Luigi Fioravanti Vs. Solomon Hutcherson
Jesse Forbes Vs. Matt Hamill
Wes Combs Vs. Mike Nickels

As if that's not enough, they're having an Ultimate Fight Night Live on Wednesday of the same week.

Ultimate Fight Night Live, Wednesday, June 28th at 8:00 pm (est/pst)

Main Event Card:

Chris Leben vs. Anderson Silva (185 lbs)

Stephan Bonnar vs. Rashad Evans (205 - TUF 2 winner vs. TUF 1 finalist)

Johnathan Goulet vs. Luke Cummo (170)

Undercard:

Jon Fitch Vs. Thiago Alves
Dave Menne Vs. Josh Koscheck
Branden Lee Hinkle Vs. Jason Lambert
Mark Hominick Vs. Jorge Gurgel
Rob MacDonald Vs. Kristian Rothaermel
Justin Levens Vs. Jorge Santiago

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby onnestabe » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:46 pm

Good stuff Duder, I will probably check at least one of those out. And thanks for posting it - I like watching the fights, but I never know when they are on, and I usually forget to look it up. ;-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:49 pm

The_Dude wrote:I seem to be the only one posting in this thread, and I'll quit it if no one responds to this, but in case you're a casual fan, you should know that there are two FREE live fight cards on Spike TV within the next week...

Saturday, June 24th at 9 pm (est/pst) - The Ultimate Fighter 3 Season Finale

Main Event Card:

Main Event: Kenny Florian vs. Sam Stout (155 lb matchup)

TUF3 Final @ LHW: Michael Bisping vs. Josh Haynes

TUF3 Final @ MW: Kendall Grove vs. Ed Herman

Keith Jardine Vs. Wilson Gouveia (205 lb matchup)

Undercard (they only guarantee the top 3 fights will be televised... if one ends quickly, then they'll insert a taped fight from earlier).

Ross Pointon Vs. Rory Singer
Danny Abbadi Vs. Kalib Starnes
Luigi Fioravanti Vs. Solomon Hutcherson
Jesse Forbes Vs. Matt Hamill
Wes Combs Vs. Mike Nickels

As if that's not enough, they're having an Ultimate Fight Night Live on Wednesday of the same week.

Ultimate Fight Night Live, Wednesday, June 28th at 8:00 pm (est/pst)

Main Event Card:

Chris Leben vs. Anderson Silva (185 lbs)

Stephan Bonnar vs. Rashad Evans (205 - TUF 2 winner vs. TUF 1 finalist)

Johnathan Goulet vs. Luke Cummo (170)

Undercard:

Jon Fitch Vs. Thiago Alves
Dave Menne Vs. Josh Koscheck
Branden Lee Hinkle Vs. Jason Lambert
Mark Hominick Vs. Jorge Gurgel
Rob MacDonald Vs. Kristian Rothaermel
Justin Levens Vs. Jorge Santiago

Awesome. I was just wondering if the TUF3 finale would be on Spike or Pay per view. Looks like my Saturday night is planned! ;-D
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:20 am

Gotta work at midnight both nights - will try to catch a little of each first though... Thanks for the heads up Duder...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:49 pm

I watched like 5 hours of TUF3 marathon on Spike this afternoon and then had to take a nap before work - got up on time to see the brutal knee-to-the-face that Bisping gave Josh - what ended up happening in that fight?

And I heard 2 contracts were awarded in the middleweight division so I guess it was a good fight?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk