The UFC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The UFC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:25 am

kenny florian looked nasty last night. Dude, i dont know if u watched or not....but when shamrock and tito were standing beside each other after the TUF final....i could feel the tension through the TV. I cant wait to see those 2 go at it.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:30 am

lmcjaho wrote:I watched like 5 hours of TUF3 marathon on Spike this afternoon and then had to take a nap before work - got up on time to see the brutal knee-to-the-face that Bisping gave Josh - what ended up happening in that fight?

And I heard 2 contracts were awarded in the middleweight division so I guess it was a good fight?

Bisping basically controlled Josh the whole fight. Almost got him in an arm bar, but couldn't pull it off. So Bisping just kept hammering Josh with punches and knees until Josh was so punch drunk he couldn't defend himself and the ref stopped the fight.

The middleweight fight was a good one. I thought Ed Herman deserved to win, but the judges gave it to Kendall Grove by unanimous decision. UFC President Dana White went ahead and awarded Ed Herman a contract as well since the fight was so good.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:13 am

bagobonez wrote:Bisping basically controlled Josh the whole fight. Almost got him in an arm bar, but couldn't pull it off. So Bisping just kept hammering Josh with punches and knees until Josh was so punch drunk he couldn't defend himself and the ref stopped the fight.

The middleweight fight was a good one. I thought Ed Herman deserved to win, but the judges gave it to Kendall Grove by unanimous decision. UFC President Dana White went ahead and awarded Ed Herman a contract as well since the fight was so good.

I got to watch the Heavyweight fight on the replay this evening - man did that Josh ever take a beating! I found it interesting that he is targeting the 170 class now, I think if he can actually get down there without giving up too much in the muscle mass dept he could be a force, he can certainly throw a good punch!

I was pretty impressed with his escapability in the two fights I saw him in, with his striking and that Houdini act I think the lighter guys are in trouble if he makes weight - not too many of them pack the power to knock him out that the 205 guys do...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:22 am

bagobonez wrote:The middleweight fight was a good one. I thought Ed Herman deserved to win, but the judges gave it to Kendall Grove by unanimous decision. UFC President Dana White went ahead and awarded Ed Herman a contract as well since the fight was so good.

I assumed the judges gave the fight to Grove because he had him in that chokehold when the final bell rang.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk