Madden 2007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 2007

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden 2007

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:34 pm

Just wondering what the new features of Madden 2007 are...?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:07 pm

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:10 pm

is it me, or do the graphics look bad? i have '06 for PS2, and the graphics look a lot better on '06 than they do in those pictures.

the new mode sounds ok.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:19 pm

Some of them don't look great, but this one looks pretty good:

I believe the new "feature" for this year is the "run to daylight" feature, where you take control of one of the offensive linemen to throw the block and it switches you back to the RB as he runs through the hole you made.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:13 pm

also, like i said in the other thread that the passing cone will be default be turned off in the game, but i dunno about online, i am pretty sure it will be off online, you cannot have one team playing with it and one playing without it, it skews the offense and defense in differnt ways
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:09 pm

superstar mode looks like it is alot better than the 06 version i was hopng they would go in this direction with it i cant wait
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Knicks4ever » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:42 am

thatonepoorkid wrote:superstar mode looks like it is alot better than the 06 version i was hopng they would go in this direction with it i cant wait

it seems like that and run to day light are the main new features, along with a better graphics system, at least for the 360. The superstar mode seems a lot better, it lets you just control your player more which i think will be great
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:15 pm

Alkaholik wrote:also, like i said in the other thread that the passing cone will be default be turned off in the game, but i dunno about online, i am pretty sure it will be off online, you cannot have one team playing with it and one playing without it, it skews the offense and defense in differnt ways

Pretty sure it will be off for online. I actually liked the passing cone. Made passing a little more realistic. It also probbaly helped me because passing was never my strongest suit, so it shortens the field for me while restricting my opponent.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Rizzo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:16 pm

terpfan wrote:Pretty sure it will be off for online. I actually liked the passing cone. Made passing a little more realistic. It also probbaly helped me because passing was never my strongest suit, so it shortens the field for me while restricting my opponent.

Yeah, it definately helped me a lot as I have always been a run-first player. With the cone, I could play with the LBs and Safeties and move them to wherever I wanted then hit an open guy on the other side of the field.
Rizzo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby confused_jake » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:23 pm

One of the features im really looking forward to is team specific defensive playbooks. so instead of there just being 43,34,46, cover 2 and such, theres actually a defensive playbook for everyteam.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Video Games