Why is it... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Why is it...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:35 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've been cussed at, yelled at, threatened, sued, and been called the Antichrist on two separate occasions. !+)

and that was all before he left the house ;-) :-b

Ouch. !+)

This is due to the hospitality industry. One of the many reasons I am no longer in the hospitality industry. For the record, I have had many more quality relationships (don't misinterpret that O:-) ) than ones like I mentioned above.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:48 pm

My boss is pretty cool with me, even though we both know I've been slackin' and falling behind lately. I can see it in his eyes... it's a mixed look of disappointment and RAGE!. I feel bad - and I even tell myself I'll work harder after meeting with him... but then I go and do something else instead.

But tomorrow is my last day working there. I think it's some weird senior-itis thing from HS that has extended itself into my work-life.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:31 am

Don't feel bad, Dude...
Sometimes you just have to push a little harder.

I had a deal that wasn't getting any attention and finally faxed a letter that included, "I have sought legal advice on this matter and am assurred that this would be an easy payday for any Attourney worth his salt."

Hmmm... got fixed the next day. Imagine that.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Why is it...

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:21 am

The_Dude wrote:CC'ed her boss

...and that works wonders. I've had to do that with some IT guys that want to ignore your requests. I give them the benefit of the doubt the first time, sending it only to them. I wait a short while, then type the same thing, but CC their boss. Gets done right away.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Re: Why is it...

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:13 am

The_Dude wrote:...that sometimes you have to be a total a-hole to get someone to do their job? I absolutely hate doing it, but today, it had been two weeks since this woman at the University was supposed to do something for me - I've sent her three very pleasant reminders signed "sincerely" and whatnot. Today, she sends me an e-mail that "I'm still investigating the issue" which is code for, "I still haven't done anything about it." So, I sent her a rather forceful e-mail back (that was still professional) and CC'ed her boss... and Bingo, the thing is done.

Now I feel like an ass, but I'm not confident anything would have happened if I didn't take the initiative.

Thank you for allowing me to vent... that was very un-Dude of me...

Dude

The nice boss approach does work (which would appear is your approach, as it is mine) but its just that one time once in awhile where you must flex your muscle.

perectly handled ;-D

and still very dudelike
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:02 am

it is sad, but i've noticed that where i work the bigger the A-hole, the higher you go...or you can just be one of those shmoozey con-artists and do real well for yourself too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:28 am

When I got my first boss gig, I pretty much tried to be everybody's friend. For the most part, that works with a lot of people. People think you're cool and will do stuff for you. But then you get those people who think you're a push over because you're a nice guy. I finally had to "flex my muscles" a few times to let a few people know that I may be your friend, but I'm also one of your bosses. Didn't have much trouble after that. ;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:25 pm

Authority, not superiority.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 pm

my boss has been called "Dracula" on more than one occassion. his hair is slicked back so he does kind of look like Dracula. Kind of funny.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:17 am

Man you think you got it bad. Try being a safety guy for 65 people where the vast majority care nothing about anything other than the paycheck.

Also about 40% are over 55 and are very set in their ways. A new rule comes out and all I hear is we have done it this way for 30 years and never got hurt why do I have to change now.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk