Why is it... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Why is it...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:58 am

houstonherdfan wrote:Also about 40% are over 55 and are very set in their ways. A new rule comes out and all I hear is we have done it this way for 30 years and never got hurt why do I have to change now.

I hear you there. I'm only 27 and have been in management, in some form or another, since I was 20, so there's always been older people under me. I had to write up a guy who had trained me at one time.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:12 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:Also about 40% are over 55 and are very set in their ways. A new rule comes out and all I hear is we have done it this way for 30 years and never got hurt why do I have to change now.

I hear you there. I'm only 27 and have been in management, in some form or another, since I was 20, so there's always been older people under me. I had to write up a guy who had trained me at one time.

haha...i bet you got called every name in the book behind your back.

As a recent college grad, not getting a job that i really want yet, i am still at the same job i had during college. We are a small company and our boss doesnt have a spine....so we have a lot of lazy people who dont do jack and their leftover crap gets thrown on me. Pisses me off, really be glad to get out of there.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby xted30 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:19 pm

There's a very fine line between being rude and just getting production from people. I think in this case, it was handled correctly. Some people need to be more severely motivated, by either positive or negative means. If it takes you sending an e-mail to her boss, and it was professional, I say good for you, Dude.

The world we live in isn't a very motivated one. People often feel things should be handed to them and that they shouldn't have to work hard to move ahead. After all, why should you be better than the next guy and actually earn what you receive? ;-7
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:31 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've been cussed at, yelled at, threatened, sued, and been called the Antichrist on two separate occasions. !+)

Just as long as you haven't been called Awwchrist you OK there buddy ... (see the nice guy coming on there :-b )
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:24 am

DelhommesFan1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

haha...i bet you got called every name in the book behind your back.

Probably, but I can proudly say that I've never stabbed anyone in the back or lied to an employee. "I'm firing you because you're lazy. Your last check will be in the mail." My employees always knew where I stood. Do your job, I'll be your best friend. Don't do your job and I'll call you out in front of everyone.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk